Thread: Mimosa HF

Mimosa HF

Been working on "form" lately with a series of hollowforms. Not quite there yet. This one is mimosa, 9" tall, 3/16" to 1/4" wall thickness, lacquer finish. Think the bottom could be a bit smaller and/or larger radius rounding the sides into the bottom.

C. and C. welcome and encouraged.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Richard in Wimberley

richard, i love hollow forms. this one is very nice, great wood color, great figure. i remember someone here asking if mimosa turned well - i think this is a resounding, 'yes'! excellent finish - good job!

Gorgeous piece, Richard!

Richard, yes the bottom could be smaller and the top bigger but it would look like all the others....I think it looks great just like it is....and beautiful finish
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired

Congrats on a really pretty Piece Richard. That mimosa is very attractive and you have done a fine job with your finish. I agree completly with your self-critique on your quest for improvement. After you have done your 100th piece you will still be seeking improvement as we all do. I think you are well on your way to the "perfect form for you". Again...very nice...Bill...

very nice, things happen, there are twins but even twins are individuals

Quote Originally Posted by William Bolen View Post
    Congrats on a really pretty Piece Richard. That mimosa is very attractive and you have done a fine job with your finish. I agree completly with your self-critique on your quest for improvement. After you have done your 100th piece you will still be seeking improvement as we all do. I think you are well on your way to the "perfect form for you". Again...very nice...Bill...
    I agree with what William said.
    My thoughts would be a little of both. A little smalle dia. for the bottom & a little more rounded going into the bottom.
    Just my thoughts not that I really know anything

Thanks everyone for your comments. I appreciate your support. As William suggested, every piece is practice for the next one.
    Richard in Wimberley

Richard you have a beautiful finish and a fairly nice piece. I'd make the base a little smaller of a footprint and maybe a different wood around the rim. like rosewood or something but overall it's nice.
    well depending on the way I would travel, I'm roughly 2,340 miles to 2,529 miles away from the infamous STEVE SCHLUMPF!!!!

Beauty Richard. Really nice wood and finish.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Richard - love the wood and finish! Nice size to this piece! Form always varies depending on who you ask and what it is you are trying to create. I agree with your observations and look forward to seeing what you turn next!

You did good!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Thanks guys. I appreciate your support. Steve, the one I did next is sold, but will post a picture if I don't forget. The lady picked the best of four with very little hesitation, which got my respect for her judgement.
    Richard in Wimberley

Wow I dont know but it looks great to me, nice job!!
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

So that's what you do with Mimosa! Great job!
    Leigh Costello
    Epilog Mini 24, 45W, Corel X4
    Smile, make them wonder what ya did.

Thanks Jim and Leigh. I rarely pass up a chance to turn any new (to me) kind of wood. Most results are pretty good. But if you get a chance to turn a chunk of the common decorative palm tree, just let it go!
    Richard in Wimberley