Thread: German Model Railroad - WOW!

Blog Entries

German Model Railroad - WOW!

ACHTUNG!!!!!

See Das Model Railroad in Germany , Schnell!!!

This is simply unbelievable. The "Miniature Wonderland"model railroad in Hamburg , Germany the largest in theworld, covering 16,146 square feet of space with more than10,000 train cars running around its 6.8 miles of HO scaletrack. Now, the makers of this huge layout have created avideo that gives you a jaw-dropping look at the vast scopeof this intricate work ofart.

Its construction started in 2000, and is still underway,with a tiny airport due for completion by the end ofthis year. This is just the beginning - there are plansto double to layout by 2014.

You have to watch the new video to get the full impact ofthis remarkable achievement, which has taken in excess of500,000 working hours to build. There's good reason whythis is Germany 's most popular attraction, alreadyvisited by more than 5 million flabbergasted tourists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_oD...layer_embedded

My son and I watch YouTube videos of that railroad all the time. He loves it.
    makers of fine reproduction brass & iron hardware

As a model railroader, all I can say is wow. that plus I am glad I don't have to do maintenance on that! :-)

That's amazing

One more Wow....

Blog Entries
    Spectacular. If I were nearer, I would be sure to visit. The best model railroad in my area is in Pittsburgh at the Carnegie Science Center.Carnegie Science Center Railroad
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Excellent!

taking a different approach .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKXYdzH0DKA
    Last edited by Caspar Hauser; 11-24-2009 at 4:18 AM.