Thread: GreatLakes Casters 12mm bolt/shaft size?

GreatLakes Casters 12mm bolt/shaft size?

Does any one know if the GreatLakes Casters 12mm bolt/shaft fit in the holes on a new LT 18 Laguna Bandsaw or has any one use them for this saw?

Thanks Richard
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

Anybody useing these or is everyone useing the other brand can't think of the name they start with a Zam.... and cost 3 times as much?
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

Zambus.

I have the great lakes on a 1000 pound mm bandsaw. Moves around very easily. No complaints at all.

Phil

Philip, what model # did you use the LV-1710-NYP-S-M12 ? My saw (Laguna LT18 bandsaw) should be here Friday and I would like to get the casters ordered so I can put them on while I still have the crane to use.
    Or if anyone else reads this which ones are you using on your bandsaws so I can get them ordered.

Thanks Richard
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

I went with the next size larger the GDN 60S. These are not very large if you have a very rough floor. I have them on a MM 24 weighs about 1000 pounds, moves around pretty easy. If your saw is lighter you may be able to use the smaller ones.

Phil

Richard
    I've got a set of Zambus under my MM16 and a set of Footmaster under my Hammer A3-31. The MM16 were already threaded for 12mm through the saws leveing pads. The A3-31 needed drilling but only took about 15 minutes. I just used the next larger SAE size (didn't have a metric bit) that would allow the stud to fit through.
    Use the fence Luke

Thanks guys I placed my order and they should be here in time for the saw delivery.

Richard
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006