Thread: Borg Alert and Good HD Experience

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis

Thumbs up Borg Alert and Good HD Experience

I was out checking possibilities for the shop a month ago . Stopped buy HD (early evening) and based on Creekers' strong recommendation did the once over of the Ridged MSUV Miter Saw Utility Vehicle #AC9940.
    A young HD employee came over and took me through its paces. He also said unless I was in a hurry to hold off for the sale.
    Driving by today I saw the balloons and knew this was my lucky day. $$1/2 price$$
    This thing is built! Solid, easy operation., very little assembly required, 8' capacity with the adjustable outriggers extended. Great on rough terrain where I spend a lot of time and reported to fold flat and stand in the corner fully loaded. Going to save that last one till I get it bolted down tight. My only complaints are no predrilled hole for my Makita LS1013 and those silly plastic decorative caps wont stay on.
    Happy camper
    No Affiliation
    Attached Images Attached Images
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Tyler-

Nice grab! It looks like that piece of equipment could be used in any number of ways. Also nice that a HD employee tipped you off about the sale.

Have fun!
    Gredo

Looking good,Tyler! No Rube Goldberg outfit there. Be safe...
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gredo Goldenstein
    Tyler-

Nice grab! It looks like that piece of equipment could be used in any number of ways. Also nice that a HD employee tipped you off about the sale.

Have fun!
    Gredo
    Hey Gredo,

I actually have other plans for it . I have a tricked out StableMate Miter station in the Shop& it's great but as is, tedious to move. I plan to use this for my DeWalt 734 Planer! The SCMS gets almost daily use where the Planer can be folded up and stood in the corner. When I take this show on the road I just pop a few bolts and the MSUV is cookin with the SCMS.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

Good move Tyler!! I have one I load up and take to the job daily. I see you have the right saw on it too!! It does lay flat in the truck and will stand upright and takes up only two square feet. I saw it yesterday for $149 (I paid $199) and I will buy the second one when it goes to $99 here..guess that means I have to by a new saw to go on it. I see now that Makita has a 12" versoin of the 1013 on the market...

Oh ya. Nice going Tyler my Man. Ought to be handy with those wheels, and at a sale price also.
    I purchased Dewalts stand over a year ago and the first couple of outside jobs I decided I had made a mistake. Hate it. I have a home-built one I like better.
    I hear about all these sales that HD and Lowes has and wonder why the ones that are an hour drive from me never have these fantastic deals.
    About all they have is the junk they are trying to get rid of. They never have super duty sales on tools that you guys report on.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy
    I hear about all these sales that HD and Lowes has and wonder why the ones that are an hour drive from me never have these fantastic deals.
    About all they have is the junk they are trying to get rid of. They never have super duty sales on tools that you guys report on.
    You know Steve I gotta believe Regional and Local management have a lot to do with the way they treat you in the Borg I read all these horror stories in the Creek, I just dont see that here.
    Besides you don't need all these toyls when you got talent and WW skills
    Last edited by Tyler Howell; 10-04-2004 at 12:10 AM.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell
    You know Steve I gotta believe Regional and Local management have a lot something to do with the way they treat you in the Borg I read all these horror stories in the Creek, I just dont see that here.
    Besides you don't need all these toyls when you got talent and WW skills
    I hear ye Tyler. Maybe must be the bodies running the stores or something.
    There are three borgs within a hours drive here, [I am deep in the boonies, so far you can't get here from there] Lowes north, and Lowes and HD west.
    But I at least like to go drool on the goodies so the next person doesn't have to break the tools in with a little rust.

BTW. Making the last elec. connection on the remote. Getting ready to fire er up. I kept the hot wires unhooked to the mag switch and tried the remote. It works clear over on the other side of the shop in the new addition WITH THE DOOR SHUT!!!!!

Nice score, Tyler! Looks to be the hot tip when going mobile. I've seen those at our HD and it defintely looked to be substantial enough. Sadly, I'm with Steve C. on the HD situation out by us. Good selection of stuff, but they've *STILL* got those same two Bessey clamps hanging there that they did 3 months ago, discounted a whopping $4.00!!! When you ask a clerk, they say, "Yup, they're on *closeout*!" Well, at least, YOU got a good deal and sounds like one of the more upstanding HD's to deal with, as well!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Wow, I will have to go check out my local HD for that deal. Great idea about the planer as well. If I can find one at that price I would like to mount my delta planer on that. I don't ever have to go on site but I am sure sick of lugging that thing around the shop when I need it and moving it out of the way when I am done.

I am guessing its a pretty sturdy to be able to hold the weight of a planer and still easy to manage?

Tyler

Looks nice, where did you find that one at? Was it a one day sale? did they have more?

Thanks Tom

Thumbs up I concur!

Tyler....nice score! I bought the Delta version here at full price at HD and a few weeks later they had the one you bought........The Delta won't standup out of the way...on it's own when you're not using it.....The Ridgid will! Big advantage in my old "shop".....won't be a problem in my new shop when it's finished.....Then I'll have a sale on the Delta! Again....great score!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Tyler, I purchased the Ridged MSUV Miter Saw Utility Vehicle last week for the $149.00 sale price and i'm really pleased with it. I've been building my own privacy fence and for dog ears on the 1"X6"X8' boards it has helped a bunch. I happen to own the 12' miter saw that rigid makes and I'm quite happy with that also.
    Life Sure Is Great! Enjoy It.