Thread: "Weekend Doin's"-Thanksgiving Edition

Smile "Weekend Doin's"-Thanksgiving Edition

Friday November 27, 2009

GOOD MORINING "CREEKERS"!

Well, actually it's afternoon in my part of the world as I do this thread. We have almost all the grandkids down and it's been hectic. We had a great thanksgiving and I think we're all very thankful for what we have. I'm especially thankful for our military men and women that make our celebration of thanksgiving and freedom possible.

It's been a hectic week for me. I've been food shopping and preparing for the big meal yesterday. Pies, applesauce, ham, turkey, dressing, cranberries, sweet potatoes, you name it we had it. It was a good day with family and friends.

The kids and grandkids are staying at least through tomorrow, so there is not going to be any shop time this weekend. I've got all I can do to keep food on the table with this crew.

I trust you all had a great turkey day? What's on the agenda for the rest of the weekend? Whatever you've got going on I hope you enjoy it to the fullest and please be SAFE.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

My wife's family came over for turkey day. We had a great time. The few weeks before Thanksgiving I spent all my time working on this or that to help spruce things up for the gang of 14 that were coming over. Painting, hanging blinds, doing some landscaping and most importantly

building my entertainment center ( or tv stand to some) and rocking chairs so I can show off my meager woodworking skills. everyone was impressed and it made watching foot ball a little nicer for everyone.

I have to work tomorrow but other than that I'm gonna take it easy.