Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New tablesaw ?

Ts

If it was me,and new or used did not matter I would take that 630. and look for a used Unisaw with either a 1hp or 3hp.Take all that you have save and apply it to a new Biesmeyer fence and you will never have to upgade again.Should you ever(if you loose your mine)have to sell it,people will be all over it the first day.Buying a icon such as the Unisaw does not depreciate over yrs of use,while the choices you posted does.Crapsman???? Carroll

Thanks for the correction Scott, it is what I meant to say
    And I would choose either the Craftsman or the Ridged over the Jet for this reason.
    Salem

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carreiro View Post
    I also have the Craftsman and have for about two years now. My only gripe is the short arbor - can't use a dato set! The fence is not the greatest, but is OK in that it may require an occasional adjustment.

happy hunting,
    Bob
    Bob - The 22114's arbor is the same length as most others in this class. You should be able to fit a full 3/4" stack, possibly even a 13/16" stack if you leave the arbor washer off, which is a common practice that's approved by many manufacturers....you just need to be sure that threads come all the way through the arbor nut. One exception might be Freud's Dial Width SD608 that needs extra length for the hub. Most full cabinet saws have longer arbors than the hybrids and contractor saws.

Salem - I wondered if that's what you meant.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Thanks for the opinions. I ended up getting the Jet. What a difference from the benchtop! Setup was straight forward, though leveling the extension wings wasn't the easier. Made some cuts, very nice. Fits in my little area fine.