Thread: My $1/bf walnut

My $1/bf walnut

This is some of the walnut that I have planed to clean it up before sealing the ends and stickering and storing and some that is still awaiting some work. I also have a couple of boards that are too big for me to handle alone, but they are stashed where I can't get pics. The random lengths are the result of my cutting off ends that were not what I wanted. At that price I can afford to trim it!

WOW! Nice haul Carole!! I might have to take a trip down there some time...

Brian
    The significant problems we encounter cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.

The penalty for inaccuracy is more work

I am sorry to tell you Carole that you got cheated. That wood isn't even walnut. Since I am in a good mood today, I will be generous and give you fifty cents a board foot for that junk wood you have there. But thats the best I can do. Nice haul!!!
    Pete Lamberty

Wow Carole...nice...real nice. Congrats.

Be well,

Doc

Around here we would call you a thief. What a great find! Most of us only dream of something like that.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

I feel like a thief! LOL Funny thing is, if I want fresh cut wood (this was stickered for a year) he will custom cut it and then I haul it away and dry it myself for .75/bf. Have to take the whole tree though, which I thought was sort of weird.

Wow, you really did make out like a bandit, Carole! I see some beautiful grain there. Hmmmm...I can see the Velvit oil on those boards already! Nice find, for sure!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Stick with that fella...he knows how to saw and dry.
    “Perhaps then, you will say, ‘But where can one have a boat like that built today?’ And I will tell you that there are still some honest men who can sharpen a saw, plane, or adze...men (who) live and work in out of the way places, but that is lucky, for they can acquire materials for one third of city prices. Best, some of these gentlemen’s boatshops are in places where nothing but the occasional honk of a wild goose will distract them from their work.” -- L Francis Herreshoff

Dunno about the dry part...stickered out in 4' weeds with no cover and the weeds blocked air circulation. Had a little rot and insect damage on the ends of of a couple of boards where there was a bit of sap wood. I would much rather dry it myself. But I am not complaining!