Thread: Just kicking around a thought...

Just kicking around a thought...

How much do you think a new in the box, complete fence system from a Grizzly G0691 would bring? If the tube was the same size as the Biese, I'd keep it and be able to swap out fences between the 2 saws, once I get the 691 that is. But it's smaller, so they're not interchangeable. I can buy the Biese long rails for 266.00 shipped, and be able to just move the fence back and forth between the saws, and have 74" rip capacity to boot.
    Is this a crazy idea? The Griz fence looks nice, and I've heard no complaints on it, so I'm sure it would work fine for me. Any thoughts either way? Thanks! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Jim,
    I don't know what your setup is but maybe you are keeping your old saw for dados or something. In my mind it defetes the purpose of having 2 saws if you can't use thme at the same time with different setups because one doesn't have a fence. It's kinda like getting the router table set up for something on you tablesaw wing only come to find out you cut one less board then you needed to route. Did I understand the question correctly?

Yes, you understood right. And that's a good point. But if I could just move the fence over, then unless I was doing a bunch of repeated cuts, it wouldn't be that hard to reset the fence. One thing I did think about this afternoon while loafing around, is the rails would have to be set perfectly the same on both saws, or the fence to blade may be out of sync on one of them. That could prove to be fun. Could prove to be impossible.
    So that is the type of info I'm looking for. Sure do like my Biese fence, though. Guess I could save and get the longer rails later, and move the Griz fence to the current saw, and have the Biese on the 691. Thanks!! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Yeah, the cursor on the 2 tapes would be a bear to get to match.