Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where can you get these lights?

Quote Originally Posted by doug king View Post
    Make no mistake I could make my own bases, I already have... If you really want some options on LED's try out this website http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...Fled_prods.htm I have been using them for years, however I wanted a base that was metal and could hang, that uses AC power, has a power switch and has a lot of light... Its hard to beat the ones that I found on the Internet. They may cost a little more than making them myself but they should show the difference in a professional job and a home built.... Not wanting to talk down on anyone's work but its hard to mass produce bases like this at home....

Doug
    Good luck trying to find those LED bases. I will let you know if I can find anything on this. I know a few companies in China that may be able to help, what kind of budget are you working with?, because you may need to buy them in bulk.
    Last edited by Sergio Arze; 12-02-2009 at 3:00 PM.
    Machinaria M350 laser engraver
    CorelDRAW X3
    CorelDRAW 12
    PhotoGrav3

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio Arze View Post
    Good luck trying to find those LED bases.
    I already did, I have about 10 on order from 6.5 inches to 26 inches long... The 26 inch long has 45 high output LED's and the 6.5 has 15 Led's, Metal base that has a stand, can also be hung upside down and has AC power and a switch...

I would post a link but I want to make sure that I don't violate any policies of this site. If it's Okay to do so just let me know and I can link you to it...

Doug
    "Words can hurt. Words can heal. Therefore it is of the utmost importance that we pay attention to our words."
    On the Internet in some quarters, freedom is being abused and used irresponsibly as a smoke screen to communicate in a vulgar, profane, violent, and insulting manner.
    "Freedom requires that at the end of the day, we accept the constraint that is required...."

Blog Entries
    Doug,

It's okay to link to anything other than another forum, as long as you do not have a connection with the company (other than being a customer).
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

I'll second Dee's endorsement of Jim Good--give him a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Gallo View Post
    Check with Jim Good, he's a member here and has excellent LED packages of varying sizes and colors, for very reasonable prices. You get the base and the blank plexi, plus you can buy adapters for plugging in.

cheers, dee
    Marc Myer
    Epilog 35 mini

LED signs

The laser is a hobby for me and as I don't make money with it I have to watch my dollars. Here in my town there is a PILE of dollar stores. I browse the aisles and find lots of laserable items and as the name says, all for a dollar. I buy mini LED lit acrylic signs for a buck. Three batteries, three LED's matched restistor, switch, base and an acrylic sign I toss out (unicorn mini signs going cheap LOL) I have made a few with my flea trademark and people love em. That all said they are about 3 x 3 inches. I can't make or even purchase the parts for that cheap and I toss the original sign out. Just me babbling..
    Epilog Mini 24, 45 watts, Windows 7 64bit Premium w/i7 chip and 16 gig of ram, Corel X4, PSP X2, Photograv 3, Box-It Suite and Jump Start Vol 2. Wacom tablet, and lotsa lotsa tools..

LED's

Adam Orton

LED signs
    The laser is a hobby for me and as I don't make money with it I have to watch my dollars. Here in my town there is a PILE of dollar stores. I browse the aisles and find lots of laserable items and as the name says, all for a dollar. I buy mini LED lit acrylic signs for a buck. Three batteries, three LED's matched restistor, switch, base and an acrylic sign I toss out (unicorn mini signs going cheap LOL) I have made a few with my flea trademark and people love em. That all said they are about 3 x 3 inches. I can't make or even purchase the parts for that cheap and I toss the original sign out. Just me babbling..