Thread: Delta rockwell lathe parts

Delta rockwell lathe parts

I have a model 1460 Delta Rockwell lathe from the late 50's. I was wondering if anyone has a source for new or used parts. The lathe is in excellant condition, however the indexing parts are missing. I want to restore the unit back to 100 %. I have tried Delta with no luck parts are no longer available. Any help or if someone has an old machine that is out of service and would like to part with some pieces for a resonable price I would appreciate it.

I have 2 of those lathes set up and really like them. I have gotten parts and pieces from Ebay. There is always someone parting one out. Some parts are available from Delta like the spindle and bearings. Not cheap though. I made the pin for the indexing on my machine lathe. If you can use the original bearings all the better as it seems generic bearings are not as precision. Good luck.

Edward
    You might want to check out owwm.com Stands for Old Woodworking Machines, they have a ton of info there. I have a 46-525 from the 60's and find the site useful. Don't know if the rules allow me to post another web site, my apologize if that is the case.