Thread: Looking for opinions on the Drift Master Fence

Looking for opinions on the Drift Master Fence

If you own one please tell me how you like it, is it well made and accurate?
    Rich
    ALASKANS FOR GLOBAL WARMING

Eagle River Alaska

Love mine. Rock solid, versatile, and I can baloney slice 3/64" veneer consistently. I waited it out and got mine during a $100 off promo, but I wouldn't have been disappointed had I paid full price. Laguna has videos covering set up and use on their site. Check them out if you haven't already.

+1, great fence on my old Oliver.

It has really changed my ability to resaw accurately. I really like mine on my MM20.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

It was really a significant step up over the MM20's stock fence.

It's a great addition to the saw. I picked mine up when it was on sale on the Amazon site.

jim
    Life is just a series of projects.........

If you are using a 14" BS, with crowned tires, correct the alignment. With a sharp blade, if cut is to the right (facing saw), bring blade forward on upper wheel. It cut is to the left, track blade towards back of wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    If you are using a 14" BS, with crowned tires, correct the alignment. With a sharp blade, if cut is to the right (facing saw), bring blade forward on upper wheel. It cut is to the left, track blade towards back of wheel.
    I just ordered an Agazzina B24 from Eagle Tools and was interested in the Drift Master more for it's claimed ability to move the fence in precise measurements for sawing veneers.
    Rich

Eagle River Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by Richard McComas View Post
    I just ordered an Agazzina B24 from Eagle Tools and was interested in the Drift Master more for it's claimed ability to move the fence in precise measurements for sawing veneers.

Rich it really does work well in moving in precise increments. And it does that VERY QUICKLY as well.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Thanks for the replies guy. Between your comments and others from some different forums I think I'm sold. I have not had anyone who owns a Drift Master say anything bad about them.
    Rich

Eagle River Alaska