I am refinishing my floors and did all the sanding and staining this weekend. I was hoping to get the poly finish (streetshoe) done this weekend since my wife and I are now living in the kitchen so we could do the house at once. Needless to say, living in the kitchen is not the most spacious thing I could think of. Either way, the stain has been drying for about 12 hours. I went to check the dryness of the stain using a white rag to see if any of the stain would lift. Three of the rooms are dry (very little stain lift) but I am getting a little more lift in the living room. It isn't damp/wet/cold to the touch, but I don't know if having some of the stain lift means that it isn't dry or that we didn't wipe enough and the is unabsorbed stain on the surface (not sure if that's even possible). Would I be wise to wait until I get no stain lifting off the floor when I rub it? Should I try to remove more stain (the color is very even now) using a little elbow grease? Any advice is appreciated.