Thread: PM66 TS Motor Cover Dimensions?

PM66 TS Motor Cover Dimensions?

I recently bought an old green PM66 TS that was missing the motor cover. It looks like there is a 14.5"w x 19"h opening (with 11" top to bottom hole spacing and 18" side to side hole spacing). The motor (which might not be stock) sticks out about 9" from the opening with the blade @ 90*. Can anyone tell me what the size is of the original so that I can have a friend make one up for me (assuming an original will fit)?

Thanks in advance,
    Dick

Sorry it took so long. If I don`t write a note to myself I can`t remember anything. Please note this cover is installed upside down. My boss did this years ago in an attempt to make the dust collection better by closing the saw in. Normally the bottom is open so sawdust falls out. If I did this correctly here are dimensions and some pictures. The original is very heavy-duty .075" thick and is welded. I think sheet metal or even plywood would be fine. Good luck. If you can`t read something just ask I couldn`t get a good scan.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Walter Plummer; 12-10-2009 at 4:08 PM. Reason: poor pic quality

Dick, this doesn't give measurements but could come in handy if you don't already have a manual for the saw -

http://www.cpopowermatic.com/documen...c/1660760k.pdf

Also, mine has a 3 horse Leeson motor and it sticks out too. Don't recall exactly how much, but quite a bit. Has a 3-belt pulley, it's also an older, green saw. I've not gotten started refurbing it yet but will also need to fab front and motor covers, a different dust port (one that's on it will interfere with my design for a mobile base)

Just ordered a PSI overarm guard/dust collection setup for it, should be here in a week.

I've seen covers (here) made of mdf, sheet metal, plywood, etc, personally I'll make mine with the bottom as steep as possible for dust shedding, and probably cover the inside with the slickest material I can find. I'm also planning a steep sloped pair of ramps inside the cabinet leading to the new dust port. May try venting the motor cover to let fresh(er) air into the cooling fan for the motor, not sure yet.

Ramble over now, I think I'm just trying to get out of going outside til spring Steve

I made an oversize one for mine with a 45 degree sloped bottom so the dust would migrate back toward the dust collection port, and made it deep enough to be a support for a 1' extension table on the left side of the blade. The extension on the left is helpfull on the Powermatic as it is benificial to rip on the left with the left tilt blade at times.

I'm 230 miles away from my shop, so I can't help with dimensions.
    Last edited by Larry Edgerton; 12-11-2009 at 6:24 AM.

Walter,
    If I'm reading your drawing right, the side tabs are welded and have a 1/4" through hole on a 1 1/4"x 1 1/4" tab that is rounded with a 5/8" radius. Is that right?

All,
    Thanks for all of the replies. They should help me a bunch!

Happy Holidays to you!
    Last edited by Dick Strauss; 12-23-2009 at 12:10 AM.