Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CAMaster MC-2840 Problems and Solutions!

CAMaster MC-2840 Problems and Solutions!

If it's not one thing, it's another. Now the machine is acting weird.

1. in Mach3, if I hold the Z+ jog button down to raise the router, the gears freeze on the machine and make a whining noise. I have to push and release the Z+ button numerous times just so that won't happen. This has been happening for awhile now.

2. The CAMaster "stutters". What I mean by this is that it will start cutting a profile side and then hesitate/stutter and then get slightly off-track. See that attached pictures.

3. I don't know if this is related to the stuttering in #2, but the CAMaster is not translating the .tap file from Cut2D. The holes in the plates are not per the drawings and are off considerably. This just started yesterday.

Now that I fixed the broken bits problem, this arises. What is going on? Why is the machine stuttering? Why does it stall when jogging in the Z+ direction?

I continue to be very frustrated.

Bryan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bryan Cowan; 12-10-2009 at 1:06 PM.

Sounds like something having to do with incorrect unit values (in shop bot terminology) in the software from what you describe. Had a similar problem with my bot because because I skipped a page in the manual and didn't load the settings for my machine.
    Hardware - Shopbot PRSstandard 48x96 with PC router.
    Software - Aspire 2.5, Partworks, Cut 3D, Photo V-Carve
    Open Source/Free - Inkscape, Open Office.

Great, now it's stalling in the Y direction too. The attached picture is the result of G00 X0 Y0 in Mach3.

I'll give ya a hint, that's not Y0
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Cowan View Post
    Great, now it's stalling in the Y direction too. The attached picture is the result of G00 X0 Y0 in Mach3.

Have you ever lubed the thing?
    this sounds like something is binding.
    just a suggestion.
    I use SPW special purpose wax but Teflon based products would work well also. oil based lubes tend to attract dust.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

Quote Originally Posted by James Jaragosky View Post
    Have you ever lubed the thing?
    this sounds like something is binding.
    just a suggestion.
    I use SPW special purpose wax but Teflon based products would work well also. oil based lubes tend to attract dust.
    Never lubed the thing. I've had it for a month. Where would I be lubing?

I checked all the gears yesterday and there were no metal pieces or obstructions that would prevent the machine from moving.

Find out what Camaster recommends but I use general purpose lithium grease on my bot.
    Hardware - Shopbot PRSstandard 48x96 with PC router.
    Software - Aspire 2.5, Partworks, Cut 3D, Photo V-Carve
    Open Source/Free - Inkscape, Open Office.

Never lubed the thing. I've had it for a month. Where would I be lubing?

I checked all the gears yesterday and there were no metal pieces or obstructions that would prevent the machine from moving.
    I had studder on my z axis that confused me one morning. I was able to lube the z axis ball screw and it went away. I lube the rails and gears once a month as well as the ball-screw
    I have not had the problem return.
    Best regards
    Jim J.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

Brian maybe back your speeds and acceleration down in your motor tuning setup in mach. It sounds like you are stalling the motors when you are jogging it.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Bukky View Post
    Brian maybe back your speeds and acceleration down in your motor tuning setup in mach. It sounds like you are stalling the motors when you are jogging it.

Nick

Any idea on how to do that?

Just happened again. Same picture.

Hey not sure what your Gcode looks like but if you have "G00" when you are cutting that could be your problem. G00 is for transit (above the material) positioning and G01 is for when you are in the material.

What are your feed rates and spindle speed?
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=

Just happened again. Same picture.
    Bryan, can you give Joey at Camaster a call, or Jim Mgrew, and get on Crossloop to help fix the problem?
    Camaster CR410 & Epilog Helix
    Prosperity, is something that business people create.......for politicians to take the credit for.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kowalczyk View Post
    Hey not sure what your Gcode looks like but if you have "G00" when you are cutting that could be your problem. G00 is for transit (above the material) positioning and G01 is for when you are in the material.

What are your feed rates and spindle speed?
    Bryan,

While reading through this thread two things came to mind. Lube and G01 instead of G00. Both have been touched upon and I have to agree because both have screwed me in the past as well.

CAMaster told me 3-1 oil for the linear glides and the Z. Yes they attract dust but in a workshop, what doesn't? Mike and James J. have hit on what I have to agree is wrong. The G00 is the biggest problem that I can see. G00 is for rapid traverse. If you are cutting with G00 you will have the problems that have shown up.

Bryan if you want to email me one of you tap files I will look it over and put in the proper G00 and G01 commands.

Guy
    Thinking outside the box is one thing, being able to accomplish what you think of, is another.

Software Rhino 3.0 & 4.0, Corel 12, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, Parts Wizard, Visual Mill 5.0 & 6.0, Rhino CAM/Art, Claytools, Microsoft Word, Notepad.
    Access to Hardware CAMaster 510 ATC w/4th Axis 8' Lathe, Kitako 10 Spindle CNC 4th Axis Carving Machine, Polhemus FastScan and LDI Surveyor 3500 Laser Scanners, Sensable Haptics.

To lower the accel and velocity, go to Config>Motor Tuning. Select each axis, and lower the accel and velocity by 10-20%. Save and repeat for each axis. When you're done, close and restart mach3, and try again.

Here is a video of the z axis stalling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUyXfhXSELc

I apologize for the orientation of the video. New camera and didn't spend time editing the file.