Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CAMaster MC-2840 Problems and Solutions!

Here is the g-code of the profile cutting:

T1M6
    G17
    G0Z0.7874
    G0X0.0000Y0.0000S16000M3
    G0X17.2445Y38.6233Z0.2362
    G1Z-0.0100F10.0
    G2X18.4161Y38.4723I0.5597J-0.2782F30.0
    G1X20.1616Y30.0767
    G2X19.5868Y29.3256I-0.6119J-0.1272
    G1X13.4874Y28.9629
    G2X12.8907Y29.8650I-0.0371J0.6239
    G1X17.2445Y38.6233
    G0Z0.2362
    G0Z0.7874
    G0X0.0000Y0.0000
    M30
    I only use G00 when I'm moving the carriage myself. The g-code never has G00.

Quote Originally Posted by michael kowalczyk View Post

what are your feed rates and spindle speed?
    16,000 rpm @ 30 ipm

In your mach screen up across the top click on configure and then motor tuning Use the slides to adjust your acceleration and speed s in each axis and make sure you hit save settings before you leave that screen.

Let me know how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Bukky View Post
    In your mach screen up across the top click on configure and then motor tuning Use the slides to adjust your acceleration and speed s in each axis and make sure you hit save settings before you leave that screen.

Let me know how it goes
    Got it, Nick. I slowed it down considerably. Still testing, but no hiccups yet at the slower speeds.

Alot of the camasters run on wincnc but I think like your smaller one they run mach
    There are a lot of settings you can adjust in there to get it tuned right.

It does not need to be set at full speed I think the norm is to test it till it stalls the motors and then reduce the speed by 10 or 15%

I had mine stall on me in the X last week and it had never done that before messed up a $60 sheet of plywood in the process and I didn't notice till it was to late because my vac table was on and it is LOUD.....

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Alexander View Post
    Bryan, can you give Joey at Camaster a call, or Jim Mgrew, and get on Crossloop to help fix the problem?
    It's too late in the night to call. I know they'll chime in tomorrow....hopefully

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way bad mouthing CAMaster or their machines. I obviously haven't finished my learning curve and I'm blaming the machine for my own errors. I have been very satisfied with this CAMaster and hope to continue in it's glory asap.

Nick,

Would the stalling cause the machine to "stutter" and go off path when profile cutting? That's another problem and you can see what I'm talking about in the pictures of my first post.

Rockbridge...where in relation is that to Cleveland?

I'm testing the slower X and Y axis movements going from corner to corner of the machine and while it hasn't stalled completely, it does still have a small stutter step which throws it out of the Y axis an inch or so.

the machine is stalling, a few different things can cause this and there is a solution, with me it was always a config issue. i have used mach but i am not as familiar with it as i am wincnc, my new machine will have mach and hopefully i can be more helpful, i left a message for joey on this. his number in the am is 706 602 2500

i use 3n1 oil to wipe my rails and ballscrews, i blow my machine off constantly also avoiding blowing material directly into drives and components (this is not good)

jim

Yes I think it would the stalling would stop the path the router was on and then pick up again a few lines later if that makes sense Mach will think it is still moving correctly but in reallity the router is now in a different position because of the stalling.

Rockbridge is about 50min Southeast of Columbus heading toward Athens if you know where that is!

My mom grew up in Painsville and my dad grew up in Mentor I have a bunch of Aunts and Uncles and cousins up there by you!!

bryan these are things we have all had to learn!! the good news is the machine is a good piece of machinery and tommorrow you may just laugh at how quick this stuff gets fixed!!

i am getting my new machine with mach for two reasons
    a) i saw it on your machine and was impressed

b) i want to learn it better so i can be of more help

jim

Well the Y axis gears have completely stopped working or shall I say it no longer moves in the Y axis. I took video and am in the process of uploading it to YouTube. The bottom part of the motor is spinning as well as it's making its usually noise, but the gear on top that would turn the belt is not moving.

Machine has just been rendered useless.
    Last edited by Bryan Cowan; 12-09-2009 at 9:47 PM.

Maybe it's not a learning curve after all.

Bryan, I had alot of troubles with my Camaster X3 when I got it which took months to figure out. Part of it was a Gecko hardware issue that Camaster and/or Gecko should have figured out before shipping, but the other issues stemmed from settings in Wincnc. These were basic motor settings, acceleration, speeds, etc. Frankly, Camaster did not seem to understand all of the settings well enough to optimize Wincnc to run their machines to their potential. Don't get me wrong.. it ran, but sometimes would lose Z or have chatter, etc.. all which can be fixed by Wincnc settings.

Things could be different now, and maybe they have optimized the settings for Mach3 when they ship their machines, but I would not assume that your Mach3 settings are optimized.

good luck, hopefully the hardware is fine and it's just some Mach3 settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Mims View Post
    Bryan, I had alot of troubles with my Camaster X3 when I got it which took months to figure out. Part of it was a Gecko hardware issue that Camaster and/or Gecko should have figured out before shipping, but the other issues stemmed from settings in Wincnc. These were basic motor settings, acceleration, speeds, etc. Frankly, Camaster did not seem to understand all of the settings well enough to optimize Wincnc to run their machines to their potential. Don't get me wrong.. it ran, but sometimes would lose Z or have chatter, etc.. all which can be fixed by Wincnc settings.

Things could be different now, and maybe they have optimized the settings for Mach3 when they ship their machines, but I would not assume that your Mach3 settings are optimized.

good luck, hopefully the hardware is fine and it's just some Mach3 settings.
    Think it may be a hardware issue. The Y-axis motor's drive belt may not have enough tension on it. If I push the belt inwards with my finger as I jog the machine in the Y-axis, it moves. I don't have a T10 torx driver with me, so I can't adjust the tension properly quite yet.

The belt also rides up and down on the two gears when it does move; a clear indication of poor tension.