Thread: Air Cleaner

Air Cleaner

Can anyone recommend a good air cleaner for about a 1000 s.f.? Was wondering if there is a particular brand or style that is better than others.

thanks

Yep

I've got a Delta 50-875 air filter hung from the ceiling of my shop and it does a nice job. However, my shop is only 250 square feet. It has settings for 540, 730 and 1200 cfm. This would filter your shop once every 7 min on high. I think you need a bigger unit. Do some comparison on microns and cfm. Also if you have a duct collection system you'll need less air filtration.

Go for the JDS. It has gotten the best reviews. I dont have one..... yet. I am not sure that I need one in my shop because my Penn State DC does such a good job. Good luck

Chuck

+1 for JDS. My shop is about 800sf with a JDS 750 hanging above the DC. Does a great job, not very noisy, has three levels of filtration and timer, plus remotely controlled.

air cleaner

I have the Jet and it works great. small 400 sqft shop.

PSI used to have hardware kits; I got the kit and made the box several years back. Seems to keep my 5625 cf shop atmosphere clean. It's 620 or so cfm. Their newer models are ready made and of various sizes/prices.

Here's their big one:

http://www.pennstateind.com/store/AC...cid=5988210268

I've had JDS 750 for 8-10 yrs. Am sure the product has improved since then, but I've been happy. I wouldn't call it exactly quiet at full-throttle, but it is certainly quieter than almost every other tool in the shop.

I would prefer slightly larger, but that was all I could afford back then - NBD, because I've moved to source capture on ROS, and gave away my palm sander, and only real mess comes from hand-sanding - but I've got it at the ceiling about 6 feet from bench. I turn it on while hand-sanding, then crank (self-wired) timer to an hour when I'm done.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

JDS. Others make them, but JDS seems to have it down pat.

I have a Jet that has a remote and 3 speed settings (JET 708620B AFS-1000B 550/702/1044 CFM 3-Speed Air Filtration System) . It works well. You can clearly see the air moving on the other side of the shop.

Calculate your square footage of your shop and see what system will meet your needs. This unit claims: Thanks to the fully-enclosed, 1/6 HP, ball-bearing motor with overload protection, the 708620B has the capability of filtering the air in a shop measuring 20 x 20 x 8 feet in less than five minutes. It can also filter the air in that same-size shop over 12 times an hour.

+1 for JDS. My shop is 400sq and have had it for three year. Changed the internal filter once and it wasn't that expense.