Thread: Looking for magazine article on jewelry box inserts

Looking for magazine article on jewelry box inserts

I "recall" (or was it dreaming??) flipping through a magazine article earlier this year about how to make the ring holders and such for jewelry boxes but can't remember the magazine nor the issue. I have been looking around but "how-to" on this topic seems a bit thin. Was I dreaming or does someone else remember this article?

Does anyone know of issues with using suede leather instead of felt/fabric for lining? (I happen to have lots of pigskin suede already).

Thanks,
    David

I didnt see the article you are looking for but if you google search this site for "ring bar" you will find a few things. I remember one guy cut all the sandpaper off of sanding sponges and used those for his foam. I would think if you went to a craft store you could find some foam that would work

edit: here it is http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showpost...9&postcount=13

Quote Originally Posted by David Eppler View Post
    I "recall" (or was it dreaming??) flipping through a magazine article earlier this year about how to make the ring holders and such for jewelry boxes but can't remember the magazine nor the issue. I have been looking around but "how-to" on this topic seems a bit thin. Was I dreaming or does someone else remember this article?

Does anyone know of issues with using suede leather instead of felt/fabric for lining? (I happen to have lots of pigskin suede already).

Thanks,
    David
    Fine woodworking AUG 1006 vol 185 pg 79 might be what you saw, not into pigskin i'd just try a sample use leather workers type of Weldwood contact cement
    Larry