Thread: 2hp blower on its' side?

2hp blower on its' side?

I have a Grizzly 2hp blower, with 5" inlet and exhaust. It was originally part of a double bag system. I want to use the blower in a different configuration, which would place the blower on its side, with the motor not sideways, but rather mounted on a stand/frame with the motor hanging down, below the impeller. The attached picture is of the blower motor horizontal. I would like to have the motor hanging vertical as I have an issue with clearance of the exhaust pipe for the rig I have in mind. I was hoping to build out my piping, and then go through the blower directly outside.
    Has anybody used one of these babies in the vertical?
    Thanks
    Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images

should work fine
    If you don't make mistakes, you don't learn.

-- Sam Maloof

I did it with my HF, and lots of others here have done the same thing. There was a thread on this not too long ago (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...64825#poststop), and the consensus was that it'll be fine.

Lee

Hi Fred,
    I did a similar thing with my 2hp grizzly collector. I mounted it on top of my homemade cyclone with the motor sticking up, instead of down. 4 years later, and a good bit of use, and I haven't had any problems.
    Mark
    Mark R

I basically have the same dust collector as you (2 hp Reliant). Below is a CAD pic of how I remounted the blower. It's been this way for about 5 years. No problem.

I also increased the intake port from 5" to 6". Boy, did that make a difference in performance.

-Jeff

Thank goodness for SMC and wood dough.

I did mine 4 years ago and have had no problems . I mounted my cyclone from the ceiling and have the blower on the second floor directly above it . I then put 2 long 8" 90 from that back down thew the floor to the filters in my shop .
    Dave

7. on it's side

It will work. here is a link to mine and it has been touble free for several months.
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=116833

Harold