Thread: Butterfly Tree Ornaments

Butterfly Tree Ornaments

I made between 10 and 15 of these Butterfly Christmas Tree Ornaments for door prizes for a candle light meeting/supper for The Compassinate Friends . This group is a non-profit organizantion that helps people deal with the loss of loved ones from Cancer . Me and my wife lost a son two years ago due to Cancer so we are Members and during last years annual meeting I ask if I could make something for door prizes and they were delighted for my help well the rest is history and here they are . Made of 1/4" Walnut ............Any comments welcome ............Marshall
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Usually busier than a cat in a sand box

The scrollsaw bandit strikes yet again....
    Nice job Marshall.

Marshall, so sorry for the loss of your son. I am sure that makes Christmas a difficult time for you, but you certainly have poured out your kindness on others.

These butterflys are very special gifts.

BTW, I like the walnut much better than the BB ornaments!!

Another nice job Marshall. Again... you're tempting me toward rolling out the DW for some quick Xmas gifts..

Sorry for the loss of your son...
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

Hi Marshall, I am sorry for the loss of your son. You did a fantastic job on the ornaments. You sure have been busy. Your efforts will bring happiness to many this Xmas season.

Good job, Sam