Thread: Enlon fence question

Enlon fence question

Guys, I have been spending some time tuning my table saw and have figured out that my wooden sides on my Enlon fence has swelled and make a true cut impossible, I need to replace them with some phenolic pieces but am having a heck of a time trying to remove the wood, I assume they are attached with two sided tape? Can someone help me figure out how to replace them and a place in the states were to get some new resin pieces. Thanks much, Pat

I'm don't know about Enlon, but if it's anything like the Biesemeyer's there will be screws under the laminate face. Use a strong magnet and run it along the length of the fence to find them.

Rich, you hit the nail right on the head as they say. Got both sides removed. (I can't believe how cheaply this was actually made, they looked like sheetrock screws several had stripped at the time of installation but the manufacturer just put some more right next to the stripped ones) It looks like some of the swelling was caused by the center tube, which has slightly bent outward at the point where the camlock was cut into the tube, this seems to have been filed very thin by the manufacturer and with the years it has bowed out. I think I will have to drill and tap a screw into the cam block to hold it flush and square.

Any source for buying the resin Phenolic pieces and how best to install them? Thanks Pat

Blog Entries
    Phenolic ply is available at Woodcraft for sure and I believe Woodpeckers as well(?). I would be tempted to drill and tap holes and then counterbore the replacement fence to allow bolting it on. This would allow shimming for adjustments as well. Here's a pic from my old saw. Just one idea, I'm sure others will chime in.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Glen, I appreciate the feedback and when looking at your old saw pic I noticed you had the link belt on it do you find this helped with reducing the vibration of your saw?

I do plan on tapping the holes and attaching the ply with this method but why would one need to shim the fence? The barstock now fixed with the tapped and screwed end is very true and has several adjusters to square it to the blade and table. I like your idea about recessing a t slot section into the ply for hold downs/featherboards to be installed. Pat