Thread: Belsaw Planer-molder (value?)

Belsaw Planer-molder (value?)

Good Morning,

I was hoping to get some feedback on what the value of a 15" Belsaw planer molder with a 5 hp motor. I know it is over 10 years old. The new ones go for $2400 but I'm sure there have been enhancements over the past 10 years.
    I have been looking for this machine on the web but can not find much information or even any for sale. If anyone knows of a good place to look to place a value on used woodworking equipment, please advise.

If you own this particular machine and can provide feedback on it performance or even compare it to the Jet or WH, I'd appreciate your time.

Thanks,
    Todd
    Attached Images Attached Images

You might want to try OWWM - Old WoodWorking Machines
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Todd,

I've got the 12" version of this machine and it works like a champ. I picked it up off my local Craigslist for about $300, if I recall correctly.

There is one for sale here in Chicago for $550 I think...

I passed on one this summer for $400. Just didn't seem like a very refined machine to me, so the next guy owns it now. I researched it at the time, and that price range was realistic.

Google belsaw.com. Lots of info.

+1 on OWWM

Owwm is good but they refuse to provide appraisals, which is what I think the poster was looking for.

I Messaged A guy who had one on CL a couple of months back, he was asking $700, which seemed like a decent price due to the photo until I realized we was using a stock photo (so I am not even sure if it really was the 15" version) and got no respose, so I assumed he sold it. then a couple of weeks later it was listed again. By then I had already found a 15" Jet Planer in very good condition for $500. Now I am not sure if I would buy a planer molder unless my main use for it was as a molder.

Belsaw

Yesterday I saw a Belsaw model 984 12" planer molder sell for $50 at an auction. It had a 5 hp motor. The price on these is whatever the market will bear.