I was able to finish the attic yesterday night. Overall, the whole project took me about 4 hours due to some areas that had additional divisions and forced me to do more cutting than expected. I ended up using about 560sf of R30 insulation.

I also used one of those spray foams (I think they are caled 'good stuff') to cover gaps I found around the door jams and around the garage door frames. I will do some additional caulking later. I also noticed that the weather stripping in one side of one of the garage doors is leaving a 1/4" gap that runs for about one foot. This happened because the garage door is a little bowed towards the inside (bumped the car against it a long time ago ).

Yesterday was probably one of the coldest days of the season; the temperature outside was about 11F with strong wind (sub zero wind chills). My garage had gone down to 34F, which I guess says something about the partial insulation it had before. The concrete floor was also very cold. After finishing with the insulation, I fired up the heater and it raised the temp aprox. 5F. every 30 min. It got to 50F after 90 minutes. I wanted to wait and see how long before it reached 60F, but it was already past midnight, so I went to bed. I'll try again this afternoon and see how it performs. I am particularly interested on see how frequently it has to cycle to keep at 55F-60F.

I am sure the gap I found in the garage door is making things harder: I could feel the air coming from it. I have to decide how to best address that problem.