Thread: Unisaw and Bandsaw Gloat

Unisaw and Bandsaw Gloat

Well, my luck day finally arrived. I am just getting into woodworking and have been checking craigslist compulsively for quite a while looking to score a deal. I picked up this Unisaw and Bandsaw for a total of $350. Both came with a few different blades, although Im not sure they are any good. The Unisaw is single phase 120v and came with a Vega fence.

Now my work begins in restoring them back to a really nice condition.

Merry Christmas Matt. You got your gift (s) early. Congrats.
    Aspire to inspire before you expire.

SMC is user supported. Please consider donating. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Matt - That's a great catch. The Unisaw looks great, original switch and access panel. If you weren't aware, Popular Woodworking is running a video blog on the restoration of a 1944 Unisaw.

Here's the link: http://popularwoodworking.com/Delta Unisaw/

Enjoy both saws.

Wow

Wow you suck.

-Brian

Congrats! Glad you got both. I see now the bandsaw has some mods but it is still a fine saw. Since it is in the "on" position, it looks like the original switch was just bypassed with the wall switch. I personally like flicking mine on/off with my foot.

Nice grab!

Steve

Outstanding buy. You will have a couple winners when you get done. I had a 120V 1 1/2HP Unisaw about 20 years ago, and it was a great saw.

Rick Potter

Great gloat! Enjoy your restoration.
    I drink, therefore I am.

Congratulations! Stop on over to www.owwm.org if you haven't already.

The Uni has the dust door, original switch and plate, and single phase bullet motor, really nice. I find that the original switch location isn't great, especially with the fence rails. I haven't done it yet, but some people report good success mounting a switch at the rail.

Being compulsive about CL with cash on hand can make your luck seem really good. That's some really nice Art Deco saw you got there, you suck big time.

Wow now thats a gloat and a half right there!! Congrats!!
    Cant wait to see them all restored and back in service!!
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

very nice deal for sure!!!!

WTG! Matt! Both for $350 IS probably THE GLOAT of '09! To paraphrase that Russian commedian: "Eeesn't CraigsList Vaanderful??"

A little elbow grease on the CI and you're all SET! That Unisaw should do anything you need to do in a home shop! Light-Years ahead of contractor-type bench saws. That old bandsaw is much more solid than the newer models. Notice the *solid* (not webbed) cast column!

Clean those puppies up and get on with your woodworking! Merry Christmas!
    Last edited by Chip Lindley; 12-16-2009 at 1:20 PM.
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

Wow! that's among the lowest prices I've seen for some good old equipment.
    The seller must have been desperate or had no clue, in either case worked out for you!! Congrat's.