Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tx. Bbq

Tx. Bbq

this is to give an update on at least one aspect of our upcoming BBQ.

I mentioned in another thread that I'd have a Festool rail system and wondered if anyone had a Eurekazone they could bring.

Well,I will definately have one of the Eurekazone systems here at the BBQ. We will be able to compare two rail systems and the slider.

From what I have seen so far, for the "typical" small shop a rail system would increase safety, accuracy, and ease of handling panel products. At this point I'm referring to managing the panels down to a size where you have the option of either continuing with the rail system or going to the table saw. We can also see how they work with solid stock.

When we actually have the chance to use them in various ways we will all have a better feeling for the capabilities and possibilities.

I'm always interested in innovations in the shop and seeing what is possible.
    I'll have a few sheets of mdf (it's cheap), probably 1/2" ( it's lighter than 3/4),so we'll have lots of stuff to cut up. I'll also have some veneered ply to see the quality of the cuts.
    Should be a very interesting and informative session and everyone that wants to give any of them a try will be able to.
    Steve
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Sounds good, Steve. Be sure copious pictures are taken!!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Not too worry Chris.....I'll have my Canon Rebel Digital SLR there to take plenty of pics and will get them posted upon return.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock
    Not too worry Chris.....I'll have my Canon Rebel Digital SLR there to take plenty of pics and will get them posted upon return.
    Dennis - We're going to have a real Texas Shootout (digital SLR shootout, that is ). I just "pulled the trigger", or is it "snapped the shutter", on a Nikon D70 (stealth gloat ). It should be here next week...
    Waymon...
    ...My heroes are not athletes, entertainers or politicians;
    ALL my heroes wear US Armed Forces uniforms...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Jenkins

When we actually have the chance to use them in various ways we will all have a better feeling for the capabilities and possibilities.

I'll have a few sheets of mdf (it's cheap), probably 1/2" ( it's lighter than 3/4),so we'll have lots of stuff to cut up. I'll also have some veneered ply to see the quality of the cuts.
    Should be a very interesting and informative session and everyone that wants to give any of them a try will be able to.
    Steve
    Get some more wood Steve. I be there too.
    As I stated in another post...Enough talk.talk.and more talk.
    Have the rules and the tasks ready and I will combine
    both systems VS All other traditional tools...and the tablesaw mentality.
    See you in Texas.

I mentioned in another thread that I'd have a Festool rail system and wondered if anyone had a Eurekazone they could bring.

Well,I will definately have one of the Eurekazone systems here at the BBQ. We will be able to compare two rail systems and the slider.

From what I have seen so far, for the "typical" small shop a rail system would increase safety, accuracy, and ease of handling panel products. At this point I'm referring to managing the panels down to a size where you have the option of either continuing with the rail system or going to the table saw. We can also see how they work with solid stock.

Steve
    Looking forward to seeing that, Steve, I'd love to find a decent solution for sheet goods (of course, a real/bigger shop would help!).

Hey when is the BBQ, anyway? I need to mark my calendar. If it's a Saturday, you'll probably get to meet my #1 helper, son Ian, as LOML teaches nursing students on Sat.

The BBQ is the weekend of Oct. 23 and 24. The dinner will be on Sat. 23rd. That is also when the demos and most of the people are here. If you want to come by Fri. you might get roped into helping get things straightened up and Sunday there will be more time to play with stuff without as many people around. Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Makropoulos
    Get some more wood Steve. I be there too.
    See you in Texas.

Looking forward to it Dino. I'll have plenty of stuff to cut. Mostly panel stock but some solid too.
    I guess I should get some of that 4x8x2" thick styrofoam. Where do I go to get it?
    Anyone have a good circular saw? I'll have to check mine, the last thing I cut with it was a patio's worth of pavers. Reminds me I need to get Chico's WWII back to Sophie. Steve

I'll bring my DeWalt skillsaw....it pretty good.
    Dennis -
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Quote Originally Posted by Waymon Campbell
    Dennis - We're going to have a real Texas Shootout (digital SLR shootout, that is ). I just "pulled the trigger", or is it "snapped the shutter", on a Nikon D70 (stealth gloat ). It should be here next week...
    <b>Woo-Hoo!!!!! Brang it on good buddy!!!!!</b>

I'll call your draw. Digital SLR's at 15 paces!!!! Now, draw and snap!!
    Dennis -

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock
    <b>Woo-Hoo!!!!! Brang it on good buddy!!!!! ............ Now, draw and snap!!

Is that anything like the "bend and snap"? You devil you. :>)
    Just saw legally blond for the umpteenth time with a little one. Steve

Looking forward to it Dino. I'll have plenty of stuff to cut. Mostly panel stock but some solid too.
    I guess I should get some of that 4x8x2" thick styrofoam. Where do I go to get it?
    Anyone have a good circular saw? I'll have to check mine, the last thing I cut with it was a patio's worth of pavers. Reminds me I need to get Chico's WWII back to Sophie. Steve
    Hi Steve.
    What other tools you got in your shop?
    I know you have a sliding table saw.What about jointer-radial arm saw-tapered jigs-Straight line rip jigs-router table-chop saw?
    Can you give me a tool list?
    YCF Dino

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Makropoulos
    What other tools you got in your shop?
    I know you have a sliding table saw.What about jointer-radial arm saw-tapered jigs-Straight line rip jigs-router table-chop saw?
    You name it...Steve has it. All pro stuff, too. He also knows how to use those tools to create amazing furniture.

'Wish I could be there for this one...but I couldn't get an engagement in the area that week...it's a long walk from those I have in New Jersey during that period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    'Wish I could be there for this one...but I couldn't get an engagement in the area that week...it's a long walk from those I have in New Jersey during that period of time.
    I will try to go there Jim. I like to test the theory of the Dead wood concept and the more tools and more woodworkers the better.
    But If I can't make it I will put on my Texas hat and have my NJ Bbq.
    Stop over some time.
    YCF Dino

I have a PC left blade I can bring, but I'll bet someone has a Festool layin' around...