Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Short carving/highboy project video

Blog Entries

Short carving/highboy project video

Greetings,

I hope it ok to post this...thought the Creek carvers might find it interesting. The project is one I completed several years ago and was a carving journey to say the least. The video is new. If nothing else, the music is enjoyable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2T4IImHfbA

-Joel

you bet it's allowed... not that i've ever read the rules or anything but everyone here should see that!

thanks for the video and well done.

Steve
    Steven Thomas

Joel, thanks posting this. great job !!

Howie

Thumbs up

Beautifully done, nicely editied, thank you for posting! I followed the link to your website; you have some spectacular work. I'm just getting started on a piece similar to the footstool on your website (I'm using a plan from Phil Lowe), and was contemplating using Walnut - your example helps me justify that decision.

Mark
    Mark Maleski

I cant even think of words good enough to make a compliment on a piece of work like that. Thats quite the accomplishment, Outstanding!!
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

Work like that takes a special talent that I don't have.
    It is a beautiful piece.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Joel, that is awesome. Thanks for posting.

Wonderful highboy, Joel. If that left you when you finished it, I'm sure the day was bitter sweet. Keep us posted on the next one. Don't wait until it is finished. Fine wooding and carving like yours is fun to see as it develops. Every shell and acanthus is a story.
    fmr

Awesome work. thanks for sharing.

Wow, that's some project. A carving journey, indeed!

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Carving

Joel,what can a person say after seeing that?For lack of a better word,if there is one to discribe what I just saw"Awesome"---Carroll "wish I was closer"

Joel--you need to due a project tutorial on this forumn--a simple project that focuses on skill building (aka Mike Henderson).

The question is---do you have time!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the nice comments everyone -- it was fun putting that video together. Still have a long way to go in making a good podcast though.

Doug, if you do a search for americanfurniture on youtube, I have tutorials there for ball and claw and knee shell carving. Hopefully I'll have a spice box project in podcast form soon too.

-Joel

Thanks for the post. Great job on the carving on the highboy. Bet that took a long time. Also started watching the videos on the B&C foot. Nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Ficke View Post
    .....I have tutorials there for ball and claw and knee shell carving. Hopefully I'll have a spice box project in podcast form soon too.

-Joel
    Joel, I have just started viewing you B&C videos as well, as someone who is just starting their carving journey, I really apprieciate these. I will also be on the lookout for your possible spice box podcast

thanks so much for taking the time to share this information

Howie