Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JessEm customer service

JessEm customer service

I have a JessEm Mast-R-Slide sliding table and a Mite-R-Excel miter gauge. Both of these products are very high quality, heavy duty, well engineered and well finished. I recently needed parts replaced and an accessory for the Mast-R-Slide. My initial e-mail and phone requests for assistance to JessEm went unanswered. My experience requesting parts from retailers was not satisfying. Eventually I e-mailed the president of JessEm and recounted my experiences. I received a response in minutes and a prompt and very satisfactory resolution of my problem.

JessEm may have had past problems with customer service but I believe that they have put that behind them. I am really encouraged and pleased with my latest JessEm experience. I will continue to buy their fine products with confidence.

Thanks for posting that, it's always nice to hear about the other side of the coin also.

Why did you have to email the President? Sound to me their problem is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Morris View Post
    Why did you have to email the President? Sound to me their problem is still there.
    +1

I had a Mite-R-Excel briefly, which I returned due to the huge amount of slop in the pins. I have the impression their designs are good, execution/service, not so much.

Wow! Sorry to hear about the poor service.
    I've had excellent service and guidance from them.
    Gene
    Gene
    Life is too short for cheap tools
    GH

I also believe they stand behind their products. Negative issues will travel like wild fire these days due in large part to the internet. What we don't hear or see is the day in, day out support of the products. When the president of a company gets involved for one reason or the other it tells me he is in touch. That's a good thing in my book. Best wishes.

I recently bought a Zip Slot to play around with and immediately had a problem with one of the bits. I called the company, phone was answered, sent a replacement that day. Can't ask for more than that. I will keep an eye on their products and not hesitate to buy anything I find interesting.
    I do it right, cause I do it twice.

I tried their miter gauge also and it had so much slop in it, it was useless, but it did look nice. They have to get their quality control back before I worry about customer service.

My miter gauge seems to work fine. Happy holidays to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bontz View Post
    My miter gauge seems to work fine. Happy holidays to all.
    Seems like that's a major part of their issue - inconsistency. Your gauge worked fine, mine (and Philips, apparently) was so full of slop due to poor execution as to be a real PITA, if not totally worthless. One person calls & calls about a problem with no result, another gets a reply from the president. To me, this kind of unpredictable retail experience is much more aggravating & stressful (especially when dealing with items with Jessem's price tags) than dealing with, say, a HF, where you know what to expect going in. At least HF will readily refund your $$$ without difficulty if you're not happy, IME. And I say this as someone with a fairly broad range of equipment, in terms of price point.

Dan

As an outsider, I've tried avoiding their products... I've read negative things about the customer service and the fact that you had to email the president to get any communication to me is a bad thing. Great that the president emailed you back, but it sure would be nice if his staff took care of you from the start.

The fact that Rockler dropped them as a supplier also worries me a bit.

This is just based on second hand info, but for me there are enough choices in the marketplace that I can avoid companies with poor reputations.

A question for the people that had trouble with there miter guages, where was it made? I have the canadian made one and it is perfect!

If you have the email address for the President of Jessem, could you send it to me in a PM ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Fisher View Post
    If you have the email address for the President of Jessem, could you send it to me in a PM ?
    It is at the bottom of his letter.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ghlight=Jessem

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aeschliman View Post
    The fact that Rockler dropped them as a supplier also worries me a bit.
    That much never worries me. I got a small lathe from them, one made by Fisch, that's also no longer carried by them.

I got a table saw made by General from Woodcraft. Woodcraft no longer handles General. Not at my local store at least.

Brands come, brands go. It'd be nice if they'd hang around for a while. But, so long as I can get parts from *somewhere*, it's o.k.