Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sleep Number Bed...

Sleep Number Bed...

I started a thread a few weeks ago regarding mattresses. It seemed that a lot of people have the sleep number bed and are happy with it.

I brought my wife into the store last night and we really like the whole idea of the glorified air mattress.

After doing some more research I found out that existing owners get 10%/15%/20% off coupons they can pass onto family or friends and if the family or friend uses the coupon the owner gets a $50 referral fee.

Does anyone out there have one of these coupons they would be willing to pass my way. It can work for both of us as I would save some money and you would get a little bonus right now.

Send me a pm if you can help out.
    Thanks,
    Greg

If I see one, I will let you know. I just haven't seen them in a while.

+1 for me. When I get another I'll pm you and if you need it I will mail it your way. Pat

they seems to be having a 25% off sale right now...plus free financing...

http://www.selectcomfort.com/eng/spe...cfm?lefNavId=4

They won't give you an add'l coupon off on top of that i wouldn't think.

Sleep number

Better try it first.

We stayed at a hotel that had sleep number beds, and never could get comfortable in three nights.

Many of the currently available mattress makers seem to ascribe to the "one night stand" phenomenon. If it's new, feels initially better than what you are used to and appears to be willing to accommodate your every desire, then how can one go wrong? More often than not, these flings don't last for the long haul. A 30 day in home trial won't necessarily reveal how you will feel about your air mattress on the 31st day and thereafter.

An air mattress is an air mattress, in my experience. At those prices, I'd get a real mattress.

Just an opinion, YMMV.

Bob, in case anyone is curious, these are not just a vinyl air bag. It's a massive canvas type thing, with different chambers and they seem pretty doggone durable. Mine is shot because the foam strips that surround the bags have given up, nothing wrong with the bags though.

Are they the best out there? Thats your call.

Hey, The Bionic Woman likes the sleep number bed. What endorsement could be better than that?

And let's not forget Rush Limbaugh! Iv'e heard him give them away to people on the show but you'll spend more time on hold than earning the money to buy one!

How about those crazy foam beds that are like $8000!

I have had one for 11 years and have never slept better, in fact I don't sleep good anywhere else, even on a real mattress.

Just an opinion, YMMV.
    Kurt

I have the Sleep Number for about 18 months and we couldn't be happier or more comfortable. I'm a 70 and my wife is an 85. You do need to give it a week or so to acclimate yourself to the new feel.

Problem with the standard mattress is that they begin to degrade from day one.

Terry

We have one for 10 years with the pillow top, still as good as new except the pillow top isn't as full as new.

Pat, zip off the pillow top and fluff it up!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Achey View Post
    Problem with the standard mattress is that they begin to degrade from day one.
    Brand quality would have a lot to do with that. My conventional cali-king is almost 30 years old. It is turned and flipped 4 times a year and I still get comments on what a great mattress it is to sleep on.
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

How old is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Rozmiarek View Post
    Mine is shot because the foam strips that surround the bags have given up...
    Steve, how long have you had yours?

Thanks, Brian