Thread: A couple more serving trays

A couple more serving trays

Here are a couple more serving trays I made for Christmas presents. Both of the panels are veneered over BB ply.

This one is Cherry with cherry veneer and maple burl veneer. The banding is from Inlaybanding.com

This one is Walnut with walnut and sapele veneer. This banding is also from Inlaybanding.com.

Very nice!

Ray
    Just trying to learn

Very pretty!

Ed, those are beautiful! Interesting dovetailing on the cherry, did you do that on an Incra jig, by hand, or otherwise?

And, one more question, is the entire bottom BB, with all veneers, or is the inset only on BB? Either way, great work.

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    Ed, those are beautiful! Interesting dovetailing on the cherry, did you do that on an Incra jig, by hand, or otherwise?

And, one more question, is the entire bottom BB, with all veneers, or is the inset only on BB? Either way, great work.

Thanks John, the bottoms are all veneered BB.

As for the Cherry joints, the DTs are hand cut, the miter was cut with the table saw and pared to the appropriate depth. Solved a problem I was having with through DTs. With so little material, I kept blowing out the end of the tail when I was making the stopped dado.

Very nice trays some one is going to really enjoy those.