Thread: Milwaukee ROS help

Milwaukee ROS help

I received the Milwaukee ROS for Christmas. It does not have the hook and loop pad only PSA. The directions say the hook and loop pad is installed and how to replace with the PSA pad.

Description on Amazon says:

UNIVERSAL HOOK & LOOP AND PSA PAD – Accepts both types of 5-inch sand discs

I took it back to Home Depot tonight and 4 in stock were that same as the one I received. No hook and loop pad.

What pads did your sander come with?

"Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Mine came with the Hook and Loop backer installed and the PSA backer in the case. I can get pictures of it if you need them.

Mike

mine also came with both types. that's odd that none of the ones in HD's stock have them...

i ordered mine from amazon this past spring

I did some review reading on Amazon and one owner says it USE to come with two pads. The new one is universal but sure does not look like a Hook and Loop pad to me. Have to give it a try and see.
    Will also call Milwaukee.

Guess it was only time till Ryobi started to cheapen the Milwaukee brand

Will let you know.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gadget View Post
    Mine came with the Hook and Loop backer installed and the PSA backer in the case. I can get pictures of it if you need them.

Mike
    Thanks,

Would like to see what Hook pad yours came with.
    - Rick Dale

Sorry, I forgot to snap a pic before heading to work today. I will be in the shop for the next couple day and will take a picture.

Mike

I have one of these at home and the shop I work in has one. Both sanders have both pads. I would contact the people you bought it from and see if they would supply the missing pad. They should.

Dar

The hook and loop pad doesn't feel like conventional velcro. It's already installed and you're probably just assuming that a pad is missing, when in fact the semi-smooth surface is really a hook and loop surface. It's just micro velcro and it's amazingly strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Armstrong View Post
    The hook and loop pad doesn't feel like conventional velcro. It's already installed and you're probably just assuming that a pad is missing, when in fact the semi-smooth surface is really a hook and loop surface. It's just micro velcro and it's amazingly strong.
    Thats what I am thinking it is. Sounding like they dumped the two disk system and went to a universal pad.

I need to get a Job at Milwaukee tools. They are closed for the holiday allready. I have to work tomorrow (24th) Lucky to have Christmas Day off.
    - Rick Dale

I bought the same sander recently, within the past 2-3 months or so, and it came with only the hook and loop pad. Performance-wise it's been very good so far, the built in dust collection is far better than any other Porter cable ROS's I've had.

I'm assuming that's the 6021-21.

I'm looking at a picture of the pad itself (Milwaukee P/N 51-36-7090), and it looks like a PSA to me even though it's described as H&L. The image is compressed pretty heavily, though, so it's not all that clear.

Since the PSA pad for that sander is considered obsolete, it's a fair bet that it is, in fact, just a universal pad.

Best of both worlds, I guess

Blog Entries
    I think if you stick an H&L disc to it you will find it sticks. Their pad has itty-bitty hooks . . . no, really.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Thanks for all the info.

I was going to try it out tonight but keep getting Holliday drop ins at the house. Will let you know how it works out.
    - Rick Dale

14. Sorry to bump an old thread, but...

I just picked this sander up tonight at Home Depot and was expecting to get two pads in the case... there's just one that looks like H&L to me, but it is definitely micro-hooks compared to what I'm used to...

Just wondering if the conclusion is this is the universal pad or if anyone has had luck getting Milwaukee to furnish the additional pad at no cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Heath Markovetz View Post
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but...

I just picked this sander up tonight at Home Depot and was expecting to get two pads in the case... there's just one that looks like H&L to me, but it is definitely micro-hooks compared to what I'm used to...

Just wondering if the conclusion is this is the universal pad or if anyone has had luck getting Milwaukee to furnish the additional pad at no cost?
    I never did call Milwaukee. The two times I called they were closed The pad that came with the sander does hold the H&L paper well.
    - Rick Dale