Thread: My Thien baffle single stage Delta 50-840

My Thien baffle single stage Delta 50-840

I was given a Delta 50-840 DC, so I decided to add a Wynn filter and Thien baffle . This was a enjoyable project. Due to the weight of the cartridge filter on top, I need to add a vertical support to the side of the round DC section. I am using clear bag, which came with the Wynn filter for bottom. Wynn was great to deal with. The owner called me on two different occasions to answer questions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

very nice! I did something very similar for my 3hp double bag DC unit.

Have you tested it out yet? how does it work for you?

Peter,
    Have not had opportunity to test, but will over Christmas.

How is your system working?

Mine is working great, although I do have some air leaks I need to take care of where the "donut" meets the "drum" if that makes sense. I should be able to caulk it off (I hope) because I can see that fine dust is escaping.

But it seems to be separating the fine dust from the big stuff fairly well. I haven't used it a ton yet, but eventually I'll take one of the filters off and bang it out to get a sense for how much dust is getting to the filters

I did a very similar modification about a month ago. So far it is working great. With a few gallons of sawdust in the bottom bag, I cannot detect any dust up in the filter - I'm sure some is there, I think this is a very worthwhile mod. My DC had an air ramp, so the modification was not so straight forward.
    I have to echo the comments about Wynn filter, great people to deal with.