Thread: Kreg Beaded Face Frame system

Kreg Beaded Face Frame system

Anyone try the Kreg beaded Face Frame system, or just the bits?

I recently began the review process of the Kreg Beaded Face Frame Kit and it is impressive so far. Once you see how the whole system works just using the bits will prove to be very difficult at best. They really do have this system figured out to make producing these face frames far easier than any way I have known of in the past. The kit includes tools for setting it up VERY accurately and after that, making dead on face frames is easy. I've made five face frame sets so far and have not had a dud piece in the bunch.
    "Because There Is Always More To Learn"

My review was posted about 2 weeks ago. It is a fine system and my hat off to Kreg for the design, the manufacturing, the packaging and the tutorial/manual writing.
    the story: http://www.woodshopdemos.com/Kreg%20...Ig%20-%201.htm

John Lucas
    woodshopdemos

Excellent review John, I've been waiting for someone to test this fixture and as with the rest of your reviews it was well done! For years I've used a router with a sled attachment and chamfering bit with the bearing cut off, and never had consistency with the joints. I looked at the "Morso" notching machine, but at $8,000 I couldn't justify its cost for my small shop. At $500 the Kreg would be a good investment and I will work it in to my next "beaded" job, thanks again.
    David Werkheiser