I ended up with

Rockler Apron
    porter cable router edge guide
    Universal Fence Clamps
    Bag of glue brushes
    Digital Height Gauge

and my wife gave me the go ahead to order the

Grizzly G0555 Band Saw
    Measure once, cut twice, burn the evidence.

Veritas Bevel Up Smoothing plane

The new Schwarz/Moskowitz book 'The Joiner and Cabinet Maker,' and a LV gift card that I believe will alchemize into a Muji high angle smoother.

good haul

first sears gift card going to new tool box griplatch. blue borg gift card. but best and funny bright American flag ball cap with a bright led light that will light my reading in bed and projects and fridge midnite run!

Craftsman 3/8 thin profile high polish ratchet
    Insert tooling knives for raised panel shaper cutter
    Back cutter for raised panel head
    Entry Door / Cabinet Door set

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Blog Entries

Talking Merry Christmas indeed

Rockler cookies,
    dewalt RAS
    systematic blade for RAS
    oshlum dado set
    dremel tool
    veritas micro shoulder plane (wow)
    Mr Sawdust RAS book
    so merry Xmas to all!

The closest thing I got to woodworking stuff was 2 HD gift cards and 1 Lowes gift card.
    Larry, AKA Uncle Fester

My son got me this:

er....a GPS? It's so I can find the lumberyard....yeah, that's it...find the lumberyard...lol

Incra V27 Miter gauge....... Oh Glory!!!!!!! So THAT"S what an accurate miter looks like..
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.

Makita SCMS Model LS1016L

Rockler bench dogs
    Veritas mini-marking gauge
    Odd Job
    Magnetic-base work light
    Cube angle gauge

Also, a Lee Valley gift card, which was immediately used to purchase their new dovetail and crosscut saws.

Merry Christmas to all.

Cheers,

Chris
    If you only took one trip to the hardware store, you didn't do it right.

Christmas

My gifts were from myself. Last week I bought 2 planers at an auction. First was a Craftsman badged Parks with a 1 HP Craftsman motor. $200. Next was a Belsaw 985 with a 5 HP marathon motor. $50. This makes 4 planers...2 Parks and 2 Belsaw. There's a method to this madness. I will put the 5 horse motor on my Belsaw9103 and use it for planing/molding operations and put a 3 horse on the 985 and get the sanding head for it and use it for a dedicated sander. The pair of parks will be sold later.

I got nothing, but my wife got a PM 3520b lathe. On the other hand, I've spent about $8k on other equipment this year, so I'm doing just fine

LOML and I decided not to do anything specific to put under the tree for each other. She is fixing her keepsake locket (that I got her 2 years ago) chain that is broken, and I bought some fittings for the DC at Lowes. My parents sent us a check for both of us that we will use for a ceiling fan for the guest bedroom. Don't know what's from her Dad, but probably money. If so I'll use that for some items I need to properly set up the gift I bought for myself. Veritas straight edge from Lee Valley, a laundry list of items to make the mobile base, and some more DC parts. (Yes, the Grizzly G0691!! Yes I'm still stoked, even after all this time dreaming. )
    That will just about do it.
    Well, need to get cleaned up and loaded for the late trip to my parents for the late Christmas get together. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.