Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What WW things did you get for X-Mas

That is excellent, Rod, and in the true spirit of Christmas!

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    A Lee Valley gift certificate. I think I'll order that brad point drill set that I have been lusting for...
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Smile WW Goodies For Christmas . . .

WW Goodies For Christmas . . . I got a WIXEY Digital Height Gauge to set-up my table saw & that router table that has yet to be built . . .

Also a complete set of drill/collar stops . . . now I won't come out the other side as often . . .

Steve

P.S.

The wife got a Makita LS1016L Miter Saw which she said she will let me have after I build a set of bookshelves for the living room with it . . .

She also said if I don't build a set of book shelves she will "LET ME HAVE IT" . . . Isn't English a wonderful language . . .
    Support the "CREEK" . . .

"Let me have it"....too funny!!

I got the OK to get myself a new TS and router lift in the past few weeks, so I'm all set

Funny story - I keep a small whiteboard (dry-erase) in my shop for quick notes, and even a "wish list". The wish list was VERY outdated, but the wife didn't know that. She saw "DW735" and looked it up, and was confused - "he already has that". Then she saw some numbers written down ("CR2032"), and looked that up too. That turned out to be a button battery (for my Wixey gauge), and she didn't know what the *!(&# to do. So she'll be letting me get my own shop stuff from now on....
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger....then it hit me.

I got a Rock, And A Jaw Horse

I was given a Wixey angle gage by my son-in-law and had to slightly bend the truth when the kids called and I thanked them for it. They said "Did you already have one?" I said "No, I have never had a Wixey and I am sure i will love it".
    Now to find a new home for the "Tilt Box" before they come and see it in the shop drawer.
    Dick

I’m feeling extremely spoiled today….. Nobody knows what to get me, ever, so I have an Amazon wish list that is public to me friends / family.

My girlfriend bought me an Incra TS table saw fence, Incra 3000SE miter and a Delta tenoning jig.
    My son bought me a Forest 48T table saw blade.
    I bought myself a used Unisaw a couple weeks ago.
    Non-woodworking but nice….. Some friends bought me a bottle of 21 year old Glenlivit in a wooden case.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I think I was my own best Santa all year long. Oh man, looking back on the year in terms of shop purchases is interesting to say the least. However, to keep things in the holiday spirit I did get some $$$ and am going to put it toward a bandsaw, but like almost everyone here I cannot make up my mind.

I must admit, I've been my own best Santa all year long. My wife doesn't exactly support my Woodworking hobby because of the way it has taken over the basement. However, my Mother In Law had asked her what I wanted for Christmas and she gave her my Lee Valley Wish List.

So I scored nicely getting:

Coping Saw and blades
    Table Saw Taper Jig
    8" Engineering Square
    Layout Square
    Sorby Corner Chisel

-Mike

Delta 3 hp Unisaw with 36" uni fence, outfeed table, tenoning jig and wood to make my wife a beading workstation armoir.

Peace,
    Erik

My birthday was late November, so that + Christmas were very good to me this year as well:

-- Starret square
    -- Narex mortise chisels
    -- LV #4 smoothing plane
    -- LN medium shoulder plane
    -- LN dovetail saw
    -- Garret Hack's "The Handplane Book"
    -- Lee's Sharpening book
    -- Lowes GC
    -- smiling wife and laughing kids

Blog Entries
    My lovely bride surprised me with a Festool Domino. I'm thinking that she wants to encourage this thing....

She got a digital SLR, so maybe she did okay too.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

13. porter cable 7518

A lousy PC 3/8 router collet only because SWMBO and I made a plan to pay off some major bills in 2010 and we started this Christmas by paying cash for everything-NOTHING CHARGED!!!
    Michael Gibbons

I think I like opening day of deer season more than any udder day of the year. It's like Christmas wit guns. - Remnar Soady

That bear is going to eat him alive. Go help him! That bear doesn't need any help! - The Three Stooges

2 Kreg right angle clamps
    a TS55 blade
    a Frued glue line rip blade
    festool sanding blocks in a mini-systainer

It was a great Christmas!
    oops ....1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 - yup all there, whew!