Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pics from Williamsburg

Creeker get-together

It might be nice to plan a dutch treat supper during the "Working Wood in the Eighteenth Century" conference in January. I don't have the dates yet, but it is usually about the third week in January. Don't know how many Creekers usually attend, but Dave Anderson and I do along with some of his New England buds who may or may not be Creekers.
    18th century nut --- Carl

Ted, I'll let you know when we make plans for the next visit, sometime in the next year 'cause that's how lnog our passes are good for.

A funny note about the campground..... One morning i decided to use the campgroung shower instead of the one in the camper, after all there weren't many other folks camping there and it was 6AM. So off to the shower i go..

As i check out the showers i notice there are tree frogs in each stall, on the shower curtain, on the shower rods, the walls and benchs and , well you get the idea. Not a big deal, frogs are cool.

So i take my shower and notice the frogs all climb up to just about shoulder level, to escape the hot water i guess. As i go to get out i had to move 4 of them off the shower rod so i could get the curtain open and nudge a couple out of the way so in order to walk on the floor. They seemed to migrate to my stall as i showered.

Well back to the camper i go and relate the story to my better half. She thinks it's pretty cool but there weren't any in the ladies shower. She asked if i got a picture of the frogs.

Something to keep in mind, i'm a nature photographer, mostly macro and closeup stuff so this same question gets asked on a regular basis.

I stare at her for a moment. Blank faced, no expression i say no.

"Why not???? It would make a good picture and you don't have many tree frog shots. Go shoot 'um!"

Another brief stare. "There is no way i'm going to walk into a mens public shower with a camera and tripod!"

She thought that was quite funny....

Brian
    The significant problems we encounter cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.

The penalty for inaccuracy is more work

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hale

I stare at her for a moment. Blank faced, no expression i say no.

"Why not???? It would make a good picture and you don't have many tree frog shots. Go shoot 'um!"

Another brief stare. "There is no way i'm going to walk into a mens public shower with a camera and tripod!"

She thought that was quite funny....

Brian
    Ya see there, Brian; You shoulda' handed the camera to HER!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    Ya see there, Brian; You shoulda' handed the camera to HER!

EXACTLY what I was thinking as I read your post, Brian.

Ted