Thread: Help with table saw please...

Help with table saw please...

I've noticed more vibration of the wood when using it lately. Yesterday I cleaned and waxed the top well, again. I also cleaned the blade well. (Forrest WWII) I reset everything and made sure everything is square again. It wasn't that far out but it was a hair out of adjustment. Now, still, when I try to cut I notice the wood really wants to vibrate and pull up. I'm I missing something, or doing something wrong or is this just the nature of the beast and I just never paid attention to it before? Thanks for any advice. As a note, the saw runs vibration free when not cutting if that matters at all.
    Robbie

Could be a bent blade? do you have another blade you could use, at lesat for a test cut?
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger....then it hit me.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that. Yes, I tried a few other blades and got about the same results. It does seem slightly worse on the WWII but still, the others do it too.
    Robbie

Is the blade a little dull? Or do they need to be cleaned? I have that happen from time-to-time too -- sometimes it is the wood or feed rate.

Scot

I don't know what type of saw you have but I refurbished an old Craftsman table saw a few years back and one of the big improvements you can make is to install a flexible pulley belt. Most woodworking catalogs have them. They can be trimmed for any size by removing links. It is made of a type of fiber material and it works great. Greatly reduces vibration.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Hermann View Post
    Now, still, when I try to cut I notice the wood really wants to vibrate and pull up.
    If the wood tends to LIFT off the table at the rear of the blade, a good chance the fence is pinching your stock at the rear of the blade as the teeth are in an upward arc. Set the fence further away from the blade just a few thousandths at the rear. See if it helps.

This is assuming that your blade is perfectly parallel to the table slots. Check to see if it has varied at the rear of the blade, which would pinch the wood against an otherwise well-aligned fence.
    Last edited by Chip Lindley; 12-28-2009 at 7:12 PM.
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!