Thread: Dricore flooring?

Dricore flooring?

I did a search on Sawmill yesterday and read what I could on this product. I have about decided to do my floor with Dricore and wanted any current feedback from the users of this product. Any advice appreciated.

it's easy to put down, just follow the instructions re the gap around your perimeter and make yourself a block that you can use with a mallet to whack the pieces into position (when you get the panels it is obvious what you will need to do).

Blog Entries
    Joe
    I have the Dricore product in my cottage. A contractor buddy installed it and advised that we use some floor leveling compound when installing it over the concrete subfloor. It is rock solid and doesn't squeak or sag. After 2 years I have not had any issues although that might be a pretty short time to test it.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...Holy Cow....what a ride!"

I am currently going through the same research process. I believe I have decided to go with Racedeck flooring instead of dricore. The reason I chose racedeck is because I believe it will hold up better to liquid spills especially caustic liquids . It is more expensive however at about $2.70 / sf. Just something to consider. Were it not for that concern, I believe I would be quite happy with dricore. Good luck with your decision, either one is an improvement over cold cement.

Jim

One other question. Did you put any finish type floor over this Dricore or just leave it as is?

Dricore flooring

I put Dri-Core in my basement, over an uneven concrete slab. Use the shims made by Dri-core to level out uneven spots. I put a floating pre-finished bamboo floor over it, as this is a finished room in our house.
    As for using it in a workshop environment, I would suggest putting a sacrificial plywood overlay on top of it, either 3/8" or 1/2" ply, secured with short countersunk screws (so as not to penetrate the plastic waffle board on the underside of the Dri-Core.
    It is made of a sort of OSB, with a light sealant on top. I don't think it would hold up to a shop environment, especially if you move your machinery around. The sacrificial top layer of ply also locks the 2'x2' Dri-Core panels in place, since it floats on top of the slab.
    It is great stuff, allows for air flow underneath, and acts as a moisture barrier.

Before you pull ther trigger on dricore, check out a product called Delta-FL. It is a mositure barrier with dimples that lifts the subfloor up off the slab (like dricore) but should be easier to install (4x8 T&G OSB or ply over top) and provides a seamless mositure barrier (unlike dricore). Also a ton cheaper. I'm installing it this weekend with OSB subfloor and 3 1/4" cabin grade oak T&G flooring.

I've got the stuff in my basement as well. Wonderful floor. I haven't covered it with anything and it's just fine. Been walking and working on it for several years now.

Quote Originally Posted by George Bregar View Post
    Before you pull ther trigger on dricore, check out a product called Delta-FL. It is a mositure barrier with dimples that lifts the subfloor up off the slab (like dricore) but should be easier to install (4x8 T&G OSB or ply over top) and provides a seamless mositure barrier (unlike dricore). Also a ton cheaper. I'm installing it this weekend with OSB subfloor and 3 1/4" cabin grade oak T&G flooring.
    I am in the same stage - trying to decide what to put on concrete floor. By my calculations - Delta-FL not much cheaper. For 480 sq.f. difference about $150 ( $750 for DriCore vs $600 for Delta-FL plus OSB).

I would take my words back. I did calculation again - difference in about $350 between DriCore and Delta-FL with OSB. I am going with D-FL. And not only price, but convenience of bigger 4x8 to lay on a floor, much faster to finish floor.
    Last edited by Eduard Nemirovsky; 01-01-2010 at 6:30 PM. Reason: my mistake in calculations

Quote Originally Posted by George Bregar View Post
    I am just about to pull the trigger on the Delta-fl for my basement shop / finished room. Two questions, if you would: 1. did you secure the floor with tapcon screws as in the directions? (although it clearly seems to be an option depending on finished floor selection) and 2. how many feet in the roll of the Delta-fl moisture-proof tape? Lowe's found the special order number but absolutely nothing to indicate the roll size, so I don't know how many to order.

Also, it's about 50 cents per square foot in North Carolina, but still somewhat cheaper than Dri-Core for me (since I will place T&G plywood over any of the subfloors). That is roll price, my Lowes' was not aware of any 4x8 options. Since rolls will have fewer seams for my application, that's my preference anyway.

Thanks,
    Mike

I'm looking to use this product myself and found it Here.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Justice View Post
    I am just about to pull the trigger on the Delta-fl for my basement shop / finished room. Two questions, if you would: 1. did you secure the floor with tapcon screws as in the directions? (although it clearly seems to be an option depending on finished floor selection) and 2. how many feet in the roll of the Delta-fl moisture-proof tape? Lowe's found the special order number but absolutely nothing to indicate the roll size, so I don't know how many to order.

Also, it's about 50 cents per square foot in North Carolina, but still somewhat cheaper than Dri-Core for me (since I will place T&G plywood over any of the subfloors). That is roll price, my Lowes' was not aware of any 4x8 options. Since rolls will have fewer seams for my application, that's my preference anyway.

Thanks,
    Mike
    I am tapconing it to the subfloor, its required for the 3/4 T&G oak floor thats going over it. 15 tapcons per 4x8 sheet...not fun. Picked up a rotary hammer drill at Harbor Freight for $59 that is making the hole drilling easy, but you still of course snap off a fasterner here and there.

There website has install instructions in a pdf...hell here is the link http://www.cosella-dorken.com/bvf-ca...stall_inst.pdf

Delta-FL is a breeze to laydown....roll it out tight to edge. Cut with a utility knife or scissors. Tape the butt joints with the moisture proof tape.

I also think it's a better solution...you end up with one seamless mositure barrier. Not so I would think with dricore.

I was lucky, the Lowe's near my lake home had it in -house and on clearance at $9 for a 42"x30' roll...and it came with free 30' of the tape. With OSB at $11 sheet my cost is about $0.43/sf, about 30% the cost of dricore.

Hoping to finish it all up this weeknd so I'll make a thread on the install with pics.

Nice find on the source for Delta-FL- thanks. I see they have quantity pricing- too bad we can't convince them to give a SMC discount

Has anyone found a decent laminate floor at a good price, and can it hold up to heavy machinery on casters?

Bob

Just a note...the Lowe's that I score the Delta-FL at $9/roll did not show it in their computer...and the clearance was for the stuff in their flooring department, not building materials. The guy in building materials didn't even know that they carried it in flooring. Might want to check directly. Good luck.