Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Happy New Year

A delightful post Bernie! A happy new year to you and yours and a big welcome to the retirees club! I think you will find you still do not have enough time! Don't know why that is but it sure is...Bill..

Thanks Bill but it sure will be nice to find out. A friend of mine said once retired you will wonder how you had time to work.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Weishapl View Post
    Thanks one and all. I truly hope it is a good New Year for everyone.

Ken you are right about the stress and being the supervisor for 7 years just tripled the stress level. The politics made it even worse. When it isn't fun to go to work it is time to walk.

John I have been told that I will soon ask myself how did I have time for work. Thats good because I don't like sitting still anyway.

Steve I hope to do some bowl coring soon. I have a new oneway system that is still new in the box. So many things I always wanted to do but so little time. Plus I have about 40 clocks that need repaired in my shop so I need to get started getting those done.

Oh and my son said on his facebook that his dad was retiring and that after 4 decades he now has a new boss, "MOM" with a 42 yr honey-do list.
    Realy pleased to hear you fina;y made the BIG day Bernie. If retiremant for you follows form, you will be bussier than you've ever been. But thats great, and no stress, is a huge part of the enjoyment.
    Bob
    Bob Hainstock

Congratulations, Bernie and Ken, and to everyone else a very Happy New Year
    Call me Jim, James seems so stuffy.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Thanks again. Robert that is the part I am looking forward to. Doing something that does not have stress involved.
    Bernie

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Happy New Year to all. I hope retirement is all that you dream it will be. Wishing for health and prosperity for all those here on the Creek.

Bernie, my folks did a similar thing in rounding up a few old Air Force buddies for a reunion and they held it in Yellowstone. They spent 3 months going to Alaska and back and also spent close to a month in the land down under. It was funny, the first time my mother was on a plane was to Australia like 16 hours long or something like that.
    "If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

Thats the plan Matt. I am hoping we can get the five of us that spent our time together back together someplace. Will start working on that soon. I do want to do some fly fishing also in Montana, Wyoming and Colorado.
    Bernie

Happy New Year to you also!

You are going to enjoy retirement. Did it myself 4 years ago. It's highly recommended! Congrats!

Thanks Rich. Looking forward to it.
    Bernie

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Weishapl View Post
    Thats the plan Matt. I am hoping we can get the five of us that spent our time together back together someplace. Will start working on that soon. I do want to do some fly fishing also in Montana, Wyoming and Colorado.
    Add Idaho to that list would you Bernie.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Bernie,
    This is good news, enjoy your new job... don't work to hard.

Wow. Congrats Bernie! Wishing you, and everyone else, a very Happy New Year!

Joshua