Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Bessey Gloat

Another Bessey Gloat

Thought I'd go to my local Big Orange Box store at lunch to kill the time. As is often the case they didn't have want I needed, but a quick tour of the tool corral yielded a pair of Bessey 51K's at $20 each, and 31K's at $15 each. Less than 50% of their original ticketed price.

It's a disease and I have it bad!

Bob

My local orange box store is closing out Jorgy's not Bessey's. They don't even carry Bessey's. I made an offer on the Jorgy's for less than the $25/$30 closeout prices, but no luck... They sold them all at that price anyway. Guess I'll have to check out other HD locations....

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Parks
    My local orange box store is closing out Jorgy's not Bessey's. They don't even carry Bessey's. I made an offer on the Jorgy's for less than the $25/$30 closeout prices, but no luck... They sold them all at that price anyway. Guess I'll have to check out other HD locations....
    This store had both. The Jorgy's weren't such a bargain, but were discounted. It's funny, but I don't think I ever paid full price for any clamp I own. In fact, I got the roll around metal clamp cart at a tag sale for $2. It still goes for big $$ at woodworking stores.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Winkler
    This store had both. The Jorgy's weren't such a bargain, but were discounted. It's funny, but I don't think I ever paid full price for any clamp I own. In fact, I got the roll around metal clamp cart at a tag sale for $2. It still goes for big $$ at woodworking stores.
    Great Scores Bob,
    Love them finds! Got one of my own last summar.
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=10942
    Looks like Irwin's the clamp of choise at the Local HD...... For now.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Sigh:

Location, location, timing, location....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Are they actually closing out the Jorgys, or just on sale? I noticed only the 24 and 36" lengths on sale, the 48" was full price. Still kicking myself for not jumping on the Gross Stabils at AllPro, now they're sold out of all but the 12".

My local Orange is just plain old pitiful! They still have the two odd K-Body's there, that they had several months ago. Still have the "closeout" sticker at a whopping $5.00 discount! Like Chris P. said, "Location, location, timing, location...". In my case, it's mainly location! That's a great gloat, BTW! That rack gloat is even better! Good for you, Bob.

PS: Just checked and my 8 GS clamps from All Pro should be here Friday! All 46.3lbs. of them!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla
    Sigh:

Location, location, timing, location....
    Chris, you got that right. This isn't even the Orange Box closest to my house and which I frequent. It's close to work and I was just bored at lunch. I'm usually not so lucky.

This doesn't quite make up for my lost opportunity on the Delta planer at the local Blue Box, or paying full price for the Ridgid MSUV when they now go for $50 off. Bob

I figure with all the shenanigans I pull to save money and keep what I have, I probably have lost just as much pulling the very same shenanigans!

I only hope that I'm at least even when I pass on....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla
    I figure with all the shenanigans I pull to save money and keep what I have, I probably have lost just as much pulling the very same shenanigans!

I only hope that I'm at least even when I pass on....
    When that times comes, your family can sell off your "stuff" and go on vacation.......

http://www.duluthtrading.com/items/25924.asp 24" K-body $27.99

It's not as good a price as above...but it's not a horrible price, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Winkler
    This doesn't quite make up for my lost opportunity on the Delta planer at the local Blue Box, or paying full price for the Ridgid MSUV when they now go for $50 off. Bob
    Sorry guys, I don't intend on hijacking this thread, but since you commented....

Bob, The Delta planer is STILL AVAILABLE! I just got mine last week! I was shopping in Lowe's, and said "BTW, can you search for one of these Delta 22-580's?" Sure, no problem. Found one at a different store. THey called the other store and shipped it in for FREE! I spend a lot of time in Denver so they also searched Colorado. There are 2 in Grand Junction store, and 1 in Cheyanne, WY. Don't know if your local store would order in from that far away... But these planers are still out there!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I found the same thing today. $20 for Bessey's. I had to buy all they had.
    Do you know how heavy 6 - 50" Bessey's are? HEAVY!
    Roger

The WoodCrafter

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Kirkpatrick
    I found the same thing today. $20 for Bessey's. I had to buy all they had.
    Do you know how heavy 6 - 50" Bessey's are? HEAVY!
    ENOUGH AWREADY! You guys are killin' me over here with these fantabulous deals at the orange borgs! We're deal-deprived up here!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Sorry guys, I don't intend on hijacking this thread, but since you commented....

Bob, The Delta planer is STILL AVAILABLE! I just got mine last week! I was shopping in Lowe's, and said "BTW, can you search for one of these Delta 22-580's?" Sure, no problem. Found one at a different store. THey called the other store and shipped it in for FREE! I spend a lot of time in Denver so they also searched Colorado. There are 2 in Grand Junction store, and 1 in Cheyanne, WY. Don't know if your local store would order in from that far away... But these planers are still out there!
    Stores must be more helpful out West. When I asked a few weeks ago, the reaction was "we are sold out and won't be getting any more". End of story. At least I picked up the Delta 12" CMS.

Bob