Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A new NH member

A new NH member

Greetings all,

I just wanted to say hi and thank you for having such a tremendous site. I'm basically a fellow nearing retirement in search of another hobby who found woodworking. I'm a backyard beekeeper located near Keene, NH and liked the idea of building my own wooden ware. I started last year with a 1985 Shopsmith (pic 1) and finally decided to have a shop built in the basement (pics 2,3). Other than designing it with a lot of help from postings on this forum, I cannot take any credit for it as a friend of mine is building it while I work to pay for it and recover from hand surgery (cabinets and benches finished soon). Initial plans are to turn bowls and pens and build boxes. I'm selling the SS and having a blast outfitting the shop based on a lot of SC recommendations.

I'm excited to finally come out of the "lurking" status and hope to someday be able to help. You all have certainly been a great help to me!

Thanks,

John
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi John.....Welcome!

Nice shop....the old one too. I see you got the PCS - I just got mine, and I am very excited about putting it through its paces now that the holidays are over. Good luck with your shop construction.
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger....then it hit me.

Welcome to the creek, John! Looks like you are getting the official "John" welcome!

Nice transition in the shop, great lighting, and you are putting in some fine machines!

Look forward to your postings!

Welcome to the Creek John!
    Looks like you are going to have a well outfitted shop.
    Make sure the post some pics of the cabinets and benches when you get them started.

Hi John - This is another John welcome. From as early as I can remember to my late teens I spent all my summers on Squam Lake. Your shop looks like it is going to be nice and warm this time of year.
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

I'm not another John, but I am a New Hampshire-ite. Welcome. Nice looking shop.

Welcome John. You will enjoy your membership here, as you have already seen.

The Wife and I just moved to NC this past Fall after 14 years in NH.

Welcome John -

I also come here to learn and am also from NH (east of Concord).

If you haven't already, do yourself one quick woodworking favor and join the Guild of NH Woodworkers - precisely what a guild should be.
    Jack Hutchinson

Hi John, good to meet you. Welcome to the Creek. You have a great looking shop. Keep the photo's coming.

Sam

Thanks all for the nice welcome! Nice to know NH is well represented on this site!
    Mark: My wife and I also love NC and vacation there almost every year. We plan on going to a bee conference in Boone, NC this summer.
    Jack: I'll check out the guild. I was looking for classes/groups this side of the state (I'm outside of Keene) but found zilch! Thanks for the info.

Cheers, all! More pics after the cabinets, benches and my new GO457 are in.

John

Hi John, and welcome to the SMC. I'm not a John or from NH, but I am a fellow New Englander, so I though I'd extend a warm greeting. Looks like a great shop going there. Did you say you are selling the Saw stop? You would be the first person I've heard of doing that! Mind my asking why you are selling it?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Quinn View Post
    Hi John, and welcome to the SMC. I'm not a John or from NH, but I am a fellow New Englander, so I though I'd extend a warm greeting. Looks like a great shop going there. Did you say you are selling the Saw stop? You would be the first person I've heard of doing that! Mind my asking why you are selling it?
    I am thinking that by "SS", he means ShopSmith... I could be wrong though.

Chuck

Wecome aboard!! Glad you're here...
    Jerry

14. Welcome aboard.
    - I have the SawStop PCS also - great saw in addition to the safety thing.

I see in the photo you have an Onieda portable dust collector.
    - Which model (HP)?
    -- What diameter hose do you have on it?
    - How effective is it?

Cheers . . .

Billbo

15. Hi John,

Welcome from Londonderry. You are going to have a great shop

Edwood
    KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid