Thread: Where to purchase Sanding Sleeves

Where to purchase Sanding Sleeves

I just purchased the Ridgid OSS and thus now need some sanding sleeves. Klingspor looks to have good pricing, so does anybody have experience with their sandpaper?

Also, any other suggestions where to purchase sanding sleeves and belts?

Klingspor is one of the best, IMO.

I agree, you can't beat Klingspor's for quality paper.

The question is where? (click to buy) I have a Delta BOSS that I need replacements for as well. If you google for Klingspor + spindle you don't get much useful, same on amazon... ok.. searched for kingspor + sleeve and found a reference here on sawmill.

http://www.woodworkingshop.com/cgi-b...G&group=SLEEVE

I found them on eBay for a good price.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Klingspor--'nuff said!
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

I know that it may be heresy but I buy mine from HF. They fit the spindles of HF OSS, which is a clone of several name brand OSS. IIRC, they come in 3 different grits, each package contains 6 sleeves of the same grit, one sleeve for each spindle size that comes with the sander.
    Stephen Edwards
    Hilham, TN 38568

"Build for the joy of it!"

Klingspor the only way for me. I tried some Harbor Freight sheet paper and was amazed at how much better the Klingspor paper was. The sleeves may be different, but I really like the service and paper from Klingspor.

I'll add yet another vote for Klingspor, but I got some 3M blue sleeves with my OSS and they are fantastic. Not sure where to buy them, though.

http://www.woodworkingshop.com came up right away when i goggled sanding sleeves.

i did search on HF to see about pricing, but did not find the sleeves there - have to admit i did not spend much time searching their web site.

Klingspor looks to be a good solution since there have been no negative comments on their quality.

thanks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Edwards View Post
    I know that it may be heresy but I buy mine from HF. They fit the spindles of HF OSS, which is a clone of several name brand OSS. IIRC, they come in 3 different grits, each package contains 6 sleeves of the same grit, one sleeve for each spindle size that comes with the sander.
    Not heresy, HF has some diamonds in the rough that many have found. If the drums last, I'd buy them. I may pick up a set to try them out. That being said, the belt attachments for my Ridgid OSS really came to life when I bought as array of belt grits from Klingspor. I don't know that the brand as much as the array of grits had more to do with the improvement.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler