Thread: Inexpensive parallel clamps?

Inexpensive parallel clamps?

A while back I saw a post on some yellow parallel clamps on sale somewhere. The were not stanley....I lost the link and I never got a chance to try them out. I normally use Jet but I want to bulk up on some 12inchers. And Jet are pretty pricey.

Anyway, can anyone recommend some decent clamps at a good price?

Thanks,
    Deck

Rockler.com has the Irwin parallel clamp set for 99 bucks with free shipping. It is an online only deal. The stock number is 21062. The kit comes with 2- 24" and 2- 48." I haven't ever used these so I cannot vouch for their abilities, but they are the least expensive set I have seen in a while (Rockler did have the Jet set for 115 a while back.. kicking myself for not buying 5 sets. lol )

Yellow cheap parallels were/are? Stanleys at Big Lots stores
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Yellow clamps, Stanley, clamps were used by Tom Silva in a recent
    this old house apasode .
    Jim

Blog Entries
    I got a half dozen of the Stanley's at Big Lot's back when they were around. They are heavy but work OK. Haven't seen any in my area since the beginning of the year. Beyond that I am just always watching for sales. If I see anything around a dollar an inch up to 24", I usually buy it.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Check Woodworker's Supply

Quote Originally Posted by Deck Reagan View Post
    A while back I saw a post on some yellow parallel clamps on sale somewhere. The were not stanley....I lost the link and I never got a chance to try them out. I normally use Jet but I want to bulk up on some 12inchers. And Jet are pretty pricey.

Anyway, can anyone recommend some decent clamps at a good price?

Thanks,
    Deck
    Deck,
    don't quite know if it a great price, but Woodworker's Supply has the Jet's on sale + 15% off + i think $.99 or $1.99 shipping.

Greg

Edit: looks like the sale is over, didn't realize it was about over when I read it. thought it was a new year sale.
    Last edited by Greg Wittler; 01-03-2010 at 12:26 AM.

Woodcraft has their Woodriver parallel clamps on sale at 25% off this month.