Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 18th century curly maple secretary

As a newcomer to the Creek, I am blown away by your attention to detail and the difficulty of the project you choose to make. Exceptional work and beautiful wood selection as well. I am impressed.

One question that I have is how you made the drawer fronts on the small drawers?
    Best Regards,

Gordon

WOW! There's just not much left to say.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Stunning! On my bucket list, but a ways off. Did you get your inspiration off pictures, plans, or what. As others have said, the wood selection and details are at the high end of the market/ability scale.

Just want to pile on ,nothing more nothing less to be said, thanks for posting, a splendid piece of work..... congrats, you should be proud.
    tom.

Missed this the first time around, but this is simply gorgeous!

wow... glad this got bumped, I missed this first time too. Beautiful. Very glad Lou posted his finishing schedule also, nothing I would have ever thought. Amazing work!
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028

What an impressive job!!

I am new here and really like the work the members share with us.

What did you use to make the Maple "POP" for a finish?

I am currently working with a buncha small pieces of Curly Maple.