Thread: Thanks for all the help

Thanks for all the help

First off, it has been almost a year and a half since I have been on the board. Since my last major project, remodeling my dad's home, I have been working back on the "BIG" ships all over the Gulf of Mexico.

I just want to thank all the people that gave me so much valuable information and encouragement during that time. I had never built a cabinet or even seen one built before I started the remodel.

I had very few tools before I started that one would really say was "woodworking" tools. I can't saw that now though. Lucky for me I was able to come across some real deals and even turn some of those tool finds into a big profit (remember the big sale on the Biesemeyer 30 saw fences that Lowe's gave away back in 07'?) that allowed be to purchase what I needed. I was able to purchase 17 of them and sold 15, most for over $240.00 what I paid. I would have never known about the deal if it wasn't for this board.

With the help of many on this board I built a very nice router table and many other jigs that made my projects much easier.

I intend to post more detailed pictures in the "projects" forum but, I thought I would share a few of them here.

Again, thanks to all that gave advise and to any of the newcomers, don't be shy or embarrased to ask a question. It is much cheaper to "ask" twice and cut once.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Greg Dykes; 01-04-2010 at 3:56 AM.

Very nicely done. You must be proud to show that off. Love the corner drawer, too.
    I drink, therefore I am.

Corner drawer

I had not seen this done before but thought what the heck. In most corners the space is left blank. Trust me there were many nights I went to sleep thinking about how I was going to make it work....

Well done! You have got some good ideas there. I like those pull out racks as well as the corner drawer.

quote - "Trust me there were many nights I went to sleep thinking about how I was going to make it work.... "

Maybe you meant to say "many nights I lay awake thinking about how I was going to make it work . . ."

That is my problem right now. I keep building stuff in my head and I can't get to sleep.

real nice work. is this your first kitchen? I have one to do next, now that I am done with my secretary

best wishes
    lou

Does your wife know about your secretary?
    I drink, therefore I am.

Yes, my first kitchen

Actually it was my first project ever that involved cabinets. I gutted my fathers kitchen and did all the work myself with the exception of some help hanging the cabinets.....

Below is a before picture with my dad in it. He was not happy about me having to destroy his kitchen. The thought of having to cook from the microwave for a month or two did not set well with him. He's happy now. About a few weeks before I was finsihed he started dating a lady and she fell in love with the remodel job so much that she decided to marry him so she could have a new kitchen...LOL!!!!