Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some People Will Try to Sell Anything

Blog Entries

Some People Will Try to Sell Anything

And the starting bid is only $12.

Picture 6.jpg

jim
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I've been looking for one of those! I have the other half in a chest in the shop.

That must be a 1/8th model.
    Jr.
    Hand tools are very modern- they are all cordless
    NORMAL is just a setting on the washing machine.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!
    By Hammer and Hand All Arts Do Stand

I wonder if I could make it work? This is... Crazy... Would it sale? What the buyer would do with it?

Maybe an innovative, neander type might just be able to make an infill out of that thing!

i have a bunch of broken castings for $2 each if you want them, 3, 4, 5, 6 #78 #80 some block planes and a 5 1/4 thats just badly pitted.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James Taglienti View Post
    i have a bunch of broken castings for $2 each if you want them, 3, 4, 5, 6 #78 #80 some block planes and a 5 1/4 thats just badly pitted.
    This one is higher priced most likely because it is from a #1.

jim
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

Hey don't make fun of my auction. Seriously though would be odd if someone bought it.
    "The element of competition has never worried me, because from the start, I suppose I realized wood contains so much inspiration and beauty and rhythm that if used properly it would result in an individual and unique object." - James Krenov

What you do speaks so loud, I cannot hear what you say. -R. W. Emerson

I love the questions and answers for this auction.

Q: just what i'm after, do you have the knob? Jan-04-10
    A:NO, Just the pictured Piece. thanks for the interest.

Q: THERE ARE 6 PEOPLE WONDERING IF ANYONE IS STUPID ENOUGH TO BID ON THIS ITEM,NOW THERE IS 7. Jan-04-10
    A:I envisioned someone buying this who had a Stanley Number 1 Plane with a chip out of the bed of some other problem. I used it to replace a large piece broken from my number one. Unless your the eBay Police, When you see something on eBay you don't think is worth it or not what someone will want then so be it. If it doesn't sell then so be it. I have been buying and selling on eBay since Mar-03-00 and have never had contact from such negative people.

Q: A large waste of time. Jan-04-10
    A:There are 6 watchers, and why would you take the time to leave such a stupid Comment.
    I don't see how this one can be used to replace a broken piece from the base...

That is actually a precision gauge for seeing exactly how close you can get to a corner with your plane before you start.

Blog Entries
    Maybe we could get everyone to watch so it gets in the "most watched" line up at the bottom of the pages.

Then again, maybe ask him if he knows what year, type it is. Don't want to mix types with the one for which it is wanted.

jim
    Last edited by Jim Koepke; 01-05-2010 at 3:14 AM.

If you think about it, it's a pretty good deal. Let's say a complete #1 is about $1500, this piece is about 40% of the whole thing. It's a bargain.

Gibsons British Columbia Canada ( near Vancouver )

Busted # 1

Hey, I have a piece of toast that has what looks like the image of a 'minty' #1 on it - can someone help me list it on e-bay?

Seriously, what is he thinking?

Dave Beauchesne

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Beauchesne View Post
    Hey, I have a piece of toast that has what looks like the image of a 'minty' #1 on it - can someone help me list it on e-bay?

Seriously, what is he thinking?

Dave Beauchesne
    Maybe he saw my thread with the tip about using broken plane parts for holding totes and knobs when sanding and refinishing.

For this, I think an old #98 or 99 would work better.

jim

The irony of this whole thing is that he thinks that the 13 watchers are just chomping at the bit to buy this thing. I requested a buy it now just out of curiosity and i was politely declined. The hecklers are classic though.