Thread: It's feeding time for Tyler

Talking It's feeding time for Tyler

Tyler....(the rest can "listen" in)

1. No I don't have that inspection yet.
    2. I got the 2 8' copper ground rods driven in the ground yesterday. Only took 6 attempts. Hit rock the the first 4 times. Ended up placing both of them underneath a future concrete sloped pad leading into the garage door. I talked with the inspector...they meet code there even under concrete.
    3. I changed the color coding tape on the neutral wires just after sunup yesterday.
    4. Had a tough time trying to locate a suitable support for the roof mast that has to be attached to the electrical mast on my house. The feed for my shop will attach near the mast on the house and go to the shop. The local power company and the electrical inspector require a mast brace. I'm going to try to hire that out if I can find someone to do it.

For anyone's future benefit...To drive the ground rods...I rented a Milwaukee hammer drill....Milwaukee makes a special attachment meant for driving ground rods....works like a charm....8' copper coated rod in the ground in 90 seconds.....if you hit rock it takes longer to pull 5-6 feet of rod out of the ground.

I have lap siding on my shop. I need to come up with a method of blocking to mount the support brackets for the electrical mast. The mast goes from the meter box, up the side of the shop; through a hole in the facia and roof. I need to make some blocks/spaces to mount to the siding and allow me to bolt the support brackets to the wall.

No pictures...
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

OH no, Ken! When you said "feeding time for Tyler", I thought for sure I'd be seeing pics! You're in REAL trouble now!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Actually John......he was giving me such a hard time on another thread..I thought I'd just whet his appetite!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald
    Tyler....(the rest can "listen" in)

For anyone's future benefit...To drive the ground rods...I rented a Milwaukee hammer drill....Milwaukee makes a special attachment meant for driving ground rods....works like a charm....8' copper coated rod in the ground in 90 seconds.....if you hit rock it takes longer to pull 5-6 feet of rod out of the ground.

No pictures...
    ??????? We got pix
    To Protect and Serve, The picture police are here to help!!

This just happened to be sitting in my office. Can't tell you the number of these I've driven.
    As a matter of interest , I'm driving them around my house and CAD welding them together with #10 solidin a counterpois. Very pinched up I agree, but even in an old neighborhood we have had problems with lightening and power surges.
    Helped a lot in the old HAM days and no ground loops in the studio.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

your livin dangerously

i cant believe you taking such a chance just teasing the lion with some delicious smells and no meat. dont you realize that tyler is every bit as mean as his bite.worse than a house cat with turpetine on its tail or a junk yard dog being woke up in the middl3e of thenight youhad better send some kind of pic quick just to delay his attack
    If in Doubt? Build it Stought!

Beware

As the sign At the zoo says "please do not feed the animals". Anyway you still better do some pics or Tyler will be on your case!
    Jerry