Thread: Ok some of my gloat pics and current project. warning it's BIG

Ok some of my gloat pics and current project. warning it's BIG

Tyler and the others I told you I would get a digital camera. The project pictures are of a maple headboard I'm making I'm just about finished. these were taken when I was rough fitting the slats. The one picture shows the odd tenons I needed to make for each. And the bead was made with my LN #66 (also pictured. GLOOOOAAAATTT !) my mortising station (beginning mind you it's my grandfathers old workbench I just was starting to set it up.) and my TS with osborne miter gauge.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Keith Christopher; 10-15-2004 at 11:42 PM.

more pictures for you

Way to go Keith! Nice comeback to the pic police!!

Keith, nice job on the headboard. Can't wait to see it all finished. Those straps are invaluable for a project like that. Congrats on the other gloats as well. Looks like you have a good tool collection going there for yourself.

Nice job on the headboard. I can't wait to see some finish on it.

It must be inspiring to use your grandfathers workbench. Thanks for the pictures!

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Quick study on the Dcam Keith, great photo essay!

G dads bench makes it all the better it has all the builting knowledge and skill. I think I may have the LN feaver. Haven't taken the cure yet.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Nice work Keith. Ain't that Osborne miter gauge the cat's meow. I cannot believe I waited so long to get mine.

Have you decided on a finish yet for the headboard?
    Waymon...
    ...My heroes are not athletes, entertainers or politicians;
    ALL my heroes wear US Armed Forces uniforms...

Nuttin' wrong that that project! Looks great, Keith.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

That headboard looks great & so does the Osborne Miter-Gage , but man where did you get the big yellow cheese cutter .
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Thanks

Keith -

Thanks for the pics of the headboard. Looks great! I like the way you snuck in the gloats. That is almost a drive by an worthy of a penalty. .

Is it a queen size?

I think using your Grandfathers work bench is really cool. Passing the skill and knowledge on . . . .

Regards,
    Ted

Thanks for all the compliments. The headboard won't be finished by me it will be finished by the customer. I'm pretty sure it's going to get a wipe on poly. I love the osborne gauge it is so awesome and rock solid, did I mention when the TS (er cheese cutter) is tuned it made dead on 90's. The bed is actually a full, odd dimensions width 53 1/4 x 4' tall. I will take some pics when the finial is on and it's all ready to go. Jim, nothing wrong with it now but before I pulled it apart it was so not square. You know the workbench used to get so much abuse when I was a kid and now I'm trying to make sure I don't wreck it. It is cool to have and use it though.
    Last edited by Keith Christopher; 10-16-2004 at 12:03 PM.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Leetch
    That headboard looks great & so does the Osborne Miter-Gage , but man where did you get the big yellow cheese cutter .
    BART love your comment about the yellow cheese cutter!!
    Jerry

followup

Heres a shot of the headboard with all the panels installed. fine tuning and final sanding (oh and add the orb finials) and it's outta here.