Thread: Is it getting warm in here??

Is it getting warm in here??

Got the pellet stove in my shop about a month ago (an early Xmas gift from my beloved).

Spent the past two days insulating the roof and walls with fiberglass batts. I'm about 60-70% of the way done. I swear it already seems much warmer (and quieter) in there!

The floor sure is cold, though...

Jason
    Last edited by Jason White; 01-05-2010 at 5:10 PM.

The first winter after I built my shop I put a 30,000btu heater in it and it barely kept the frost off me. The next summer I sealed it and insulated, now it stays 70° in this kind of weather. Really makes a difference. My shop is a metal building.

Fred

When I built my shop I put one and a half inches of rigid insulation over the concrete floor, that along with four inches in the walls and fifteen inches in the ceiling - keeps it nice and warm with my 15,000 Btu vented gas furnace. I'm on the south shore of Lake Superior.

Jason,

You won't need that soon and the floor will warm up with Al Gore's global warming plan.

BTW - It hasn't been above freezing here in east Tennessee for the past three days.

It hasn't been above 10 degrees for several days now and the forecast for Friday has a low of -25 and a high of -2 plus we're getting another 3-5" of snow on top of the 26" we already got with 30-40 MPH winds.........Yup............Global Warming has us in it's cruel clutches However, rumor has it that by July we might see a warming trend

Last week when we were in the 20's for highs I had my shop nice and warm with my pellet stove. Before I finished the insulation I had to run it on a max setting (5). Now I can run it on a 2 to maintain the temp at 65-70F. If the daytime temp gets above 35-40 I can cut it down to 1 until the evening.