Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IWF 2010 Atanta

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by james mcgrew View Post
    it has long been rumored that grizzley may try the cnc market, however at best we can expect a 1325 jinhan chinese router remarketed like the camwood and laguna, these routers are built in the same factorys as the sonic/vortecs

jim

Before you know it, they will be in Harbor Freight if they aren't already!
    Thinking outside the box is one thing, being able to accomplish what you think of, is another.

Software Rhino 3.0 & 4.0, Corel 12, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, Parts Wizard, Visual Mill 5.0 & 6.0, Rhino CAM/Art, Claytools, Microsoft Word, Notepad.
    Access to Hardware CAMaster 510 ATC w/4th Axis 8' Lathe, Kitako 10 Spindle CNC 4th Axis Carving Machine, Polhemus FastScan and LDI Surveyor 3500 Laser Scanners, Sensable Haptics.

SawMill Creek may have a presence at IWF if enough of you folks would like us to attend

I wonder if a couple thousand of my friends here would drop by to see me if i was able to setup a killer FreeStuff Drawing for the event?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    SawMill Creek may have a presence at IWF if enough of you folks would like us to attend

I wonder if a couple thousand of my friends here would drop by to see me if i was able to setup a killer FreeStuff Drawing for the event?
    I'll stop by even without the FreeStuff Drawing! That's what friends are for!
    Thinking outside the box is one thing, being able to accomplish what you think of, is another.

Software Rhino 3.0 & 4.0, Corel 12, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, Parts Wizard, Visual Mill 5.0 & 6.0, Rhino CAM/Art, Claytools, Microsoft Word, Notepad.
    Access to Hardware CAMaster 510 ATC w/4th Axis 8' Lathe, Kitako 10 Spindle CNC 4th Axis Carving Machine, Polhemus FastScan and LDI Surveyor 3500 Laser Scanners, Sensable Haptics.

Thanks Guy,

Joey has been kind enough to invite us to be part of their show presence at IWF, we need to iron out the details but that shouldn't be a problem since we don't require much space. The hard part is coming up with some new ideas to knock peoples socks off but i have a few ideas and plenty of time to put something together that is unusual and would draw attention. I am writing a pretty extensive "How To" article about making ADA signs that we might go public with at IWF. Eventually i plan to publish my ADA article here at The Creek but the DVD we are considering would have some interesting video.

Its a bit of a secret right now so don't tell anyone

Need to name the booth a Creek runs through it
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

ohh this is going to be fun!!

i got some more video of the show some where!!

jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U9_O...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post

You would probably have more traffic than any other booth at the show.

I think this is an outstanding idea and hope things come together, FreeStuff Drawing or not.

OOOOH . . . can we have a Mod Dunking Booth? JUST JOKING! I'm sure the mods would really like to have a Member Dunking Booth!
    Last edited by Belinda Barfield; 01-15-2010 at 8:39 AM.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Talking to The man at IWF and booth number will be posted soon.
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

Keith I can add some names to the list for the dunk tank.
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

i nominate joey!!

jim

You knew I was thinking about you
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    You would probably have more traffic than any other booth at the show.

I think this is an outstanding idea and hope things come together, FreeStuff Drawing or not.

OOOOH . . . can we have a Mod Dunking Booth? JUST JOKING! I'm sure the mods would really like to have a Member Dunking Booth!
    The booth would have to be CNC controlled. Hit the target, and the dunkee would travel from zero on the +X axis 4 feet, on the Y axis +3 feet and on Z axis +3 feet. When in position over the tank, the A axis would rotate 90 degrees dumping the dunkee approximately -3 feet possibly -4 depending on mass into a pool of cool mist!

Joey, get on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mathews View Post

The booth would have to be CNC controlled. Hit the target, and the dunkee would travel from zero on the +X axis 4 feet, on the Y axis +3 feet and on Z axis +3 feet. When in position over the tank, the A axis would rotate 90 degrees dumping the dunkee approximately -3 feet possibly -4 depending on mass into a pool of cool mist!

Joey, get on it!
    How about an X3 dunker that will randomly dunk one of 3 people?
    Hardware - Shopbot PRSstandard 48x96 with PC router.
    Software - Aspire 2.5, Partworks, Cut 3D, Photo V-Carve
    Open Source/Free - Inkscape, Open Office.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Schwartz View Post
    How about an X3 dunker that will randomly dunk one of 3 people?
    It could have an ADC as well...

Automatic Dunkee Changer! That would be...