Thread: Value of Festool ATF55E plus plunge saw w/

Value of Festool ATF55E plus plunge saw w/

I have a Festool ATF55E plunge saw w/ short and long guide rails that I am thinking about selling. I think the ATF55E is the big brother to the saws Festool is selling today. 99% of the work I do is with hardwoods and therefore, I don't use it much. I bought it used a couple years back and have only used it once. Appreciate the feedback. Tim

A guy on CL in DM, IA was selling one for $250 without any rails. When I emailed he said due to intense interest he raised price to $300. Said he'd throw in a rail for $80.

Considering $380 is his "package" price and $500 nets a new TS55 with a variety of improved and new features, you should at least have an idea. That listing was yesterday, 1/7/2010.

I'd call it the little brother. The 55 series has a 6 1/4" blade. The big brother is the 75 series. It has a 8 1/4" blade, and has a larger motor to drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by tim young View Post
    I have a Festool ATF55E plunge saw w/ short and long guide rails that I am thinking about selling. I think the ATF55E is the big brother to the saws Festool is selling today. 99% of the work I do is with hardwoods and therefore, I don't use it much. I bought it used a couple years back and have only used it once. Appreciate the feedback. Tim
    Tim,

It's actually the older brother to the TS 55. IIRC, 2003-2004 was the last year the ATF was manufactured.

Bob
    bob m

Yes. I would agree. Older brother or older version. Tim