Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know of an oilless pin nailer?

Does anyone know of an oilless pin nailer?

Hello,

I want an oilless pin nailer. I'm talking about a 23 gauge tool. I have a Porter-Cable finish nailer and a Porter-Cable brad nailer, and they are both oilless. I like oilless nailers. But as far as I know, Porter-Cable’s pin nailer is NOT oilless.

I don’t care what brand I buy, but does anyone know who makes an oilless pin nailer?

Thanks,
    Louis

I am unaware of any oil-less 23g pinners, my Grex is oil type and I have used both Senco and Bostich versions and I am 99% sure they both take oil. I use a Cambell Hausfeld in line lubricator that just stays attached to the Grex (since it is my only oil tool keeping my hose clean) it is small and doesn't weigh anything.

Why a oiless pinner?
    Happy Sawdust
    Dale

I have never put oil in my senco. That makes it sort of oilless.

My GREX 23 g. pinner is about 5 years old and it is oiless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Newman View Post
    Would you tell me the model name and number of your GREX pinner?
    Thanks,
    Louis

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Lesak View Post
    Why a oiless pinner?
    Because I've read many postings on this forum that say that a gun that uses oil can leave oil on your work.
    Louis

Which Grex do you have? My P635 is definately a oil mist tool, just checked the instructions to double check.

Particularly with a gun as small as a pinner it will go quite a while (maybe a lifetime depending on how much you use it) without an oil mist but with my little on tool luber I don't know why one would bother, but I haven't had any issues of oil on my work. If you are oiling back at the compressor your hose gets oiled and thus can be an issue for other applications but not if you oil at the tool.
    Last edited by Van Huskey; 01-09-2010 at 9:33 PM.

Van H: I just checked the shop and it does have the oiler. I was thinking of my SENCO's. Zorry 'bout that....

Van H: I just checked the shop and it does have the oiler. I was thinking of my SENCO's. Zorry 'bout that....
    No problem! When you said that I had to go out to the shop to check myself. I knew I had an oler on it just wondered if I had read the manual wrong!

Are you saying that you have a Senco oil-less pinner? If so, can you give me the model number of that one?
    Louis

I own a Senco and it does take oil. Model SFN10 (I think)
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

I guess I do not know if you are talking a pinner, or a micro pinner. My Senco SLP20's are oil less, but my Senco micro pinner requires oil. I oile them up and shoot a dozen or so pins at scrap, wipe it down, and do not worry about it. Have had no finish problems. I do not oil again until I start to have misfire issues, then I repeat the process.

Back when I still had Paslodes that required oil I wrapped the exhaust port with cotton cloth taped in place. Caught the oil and made it quieter.

I use air sanders that require oil. I route the exhaust to a inline gas filter that not only catches the oil, but works a a muffler making them much more pleasant to be around.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Edgerton View Post
    I guess I do not know if you are talking a pinner, or a micro pinner.
    In my post, I referred to 23 gauge. I don't know whether you call that a pin or a micro-pin. I just want to shoot that gauge, and I'd like to do it with an oil-less gun.
    Louis

I've got a Grex that sees very heavy use (100 or more pins a day 300days a year). In five years I've never put a drop of oil in it, shoots pins like it did the day bought it. In fact, in ten years of woodworking I have never oilled a nail gun. So I am not so sure it serves any purpose.